• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MVWB765FC2 Maytag Top load washer will not turn on - But will go in to diag

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB765FC2
Brand
Maytag
OK. I am working on this TL washer. It acts as if it is dead until you go in to diagnostics. The Key Diagnostic Test will pass and is successful. The LED on the main board will blink. the Continuity tests pass other than the 10 ohms on the 1&3 and 3&4 pins on the motor plug. I may not be using the meter correctly.

I get a F2E1 Code (stuck button) and a F6E2 (communication error; UI can not hear ACU) code. After everything I have looked at, if I clear the codes they come back without doing anything but turning the machine off and on. I also can't enter the service test mode. I hope some of this is clear.

I guess, to me, it seems like there should be no issue with this machine and yet, it plays dead. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

F6E2=Communication Error: ACU Cannot Hear UI

Fault is displayed when communication between the UI and the ACU has not been detected.

• Check continuity in the UI harness.
• Complete Test #1: Main Control (ACU), page 14 and Test #4: Keys and Encoders, page 17.

Here's the part you need:

Look here:
tmol said the new console fixed it.

Jake

Attachments

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Hi Jake. You think I need the console? But it passes the key test. My thought was maybe the main control board on the deck. Butwait! I didn't check the continuity on the UI!!!!! I'm a dummy.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, check continuity on the UI(User Interface)

I have run across a few of these in my local area that the console UI(User Interface) assembly was the problem, also check that thin wiring they are using now from the console to the control board, I found one where those thin wires frayed and starting to break.

Jake

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
OK. Get this! So I checked the continuity on the short wiring harness from the main board to the UI. It checks out. I have a tough time believing the UI is bad because it will pass the UI test. So I checked the continuity from the pins on each board to the solder joints. Both checked out. However, in doing so, I slightly bent one of the pins on the UI. It now works! Could there be an issue with the pins being too thin or the joint between the plug and the pins going bad? I wiggled the plugs around multiple times to try to get them to fail but I can't force it to fail. Did I just save several hundred dollars?!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I slightly bent one of the pins on the UI. It now works! Could there be an issue with the pins being too thin or the joint between the plug and the pins going bad?
Yes, I agree, Whirlpool and Maytag are starting use that thin wire/thin pins that I hate, too many problems as you can see.:)

Did I just save several hundred dollars?!
Time will tell!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok mountainbiker, sounds good.:)

Jake