• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWB765FC3 Maytag Washer wont shut off after drain. It just keeps spinning and draining

Kammie

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB765FC3
Brand
Maytag
My maytag washer will not stop after a cycle. It seems to get stuck at the drain spin cycle and won't stop unless I unplug it. Also a while back it ate a pillow case. Need help its only a year old

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, this just started happening out of the clear blue?

How did it eat a pillow case? Did the pillow case get stuck under the agitator? I own this same washer and mine never eats my pillow case.

I'm attaching the tech data sheet below for your model. On Page 2 get into the ACTIVATING SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODE to see if you get any saved fault codes.

--->If there are no saved fault codes, the seven segment display will come back on and display “888”. Upon entry to Service Diagnostic mode, all cycles and options reset to factory default.

If the reset to factory default does not fix it, then that indicates your control board is the culprit.

Here's the control board for your model: W11195970

Jake

Attachments

• W10607408-revf.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

Kammie

Premium Member
The pillow case did get stuck under the agitater. And I am not sure how to take that off to get in it. And thank you I will check into this when I get home. And will let you know.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The pillow case did get stuck under the agitator. And I am not sure how to take that off to get in it.
You just pull off the fabric softener dispenser, it just unsnaps up and off, then get a long ratchet extension to remove the agitator bolt, the bolt should be 11 millimeters in size.

Then the agitator pulls up and off.

Jake

Kammie

Premium Member
Ok I did try that and it wouldn't losen. Will try again. Do you know if there is a drain as well in the back that catches all the gunk that I can check. It also makes a awful sound when trying to finish the drain spin cycle. Any thoughts on that?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Keep trying, that bolt will finally turn loose.

Does it drain all the water out? The drain pump is suppose to run while its spinning, that's normal.

Like I mentioned, I own a washer just like this and when my drain pump comes ON it sounds growly, but that's normal.

Do you know if there is a drain as well in the back that catches all the gunk that I can check.
No, there is not.

Jake

Kammie

Premium Member
Hi Jake
I'm home I printed out the document you gave me. I am unclear what standby mode is. Is it just that the power is on? And then push any three buttons? I don't have what says standby mode on the consul.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, standby mode is just when your washer is not in use.

Jake

Kammie

Premium Member
Hi Jake.
I really would like to thank you for your kindness and patience.

While washer is not powered on( not in use or stand by mode) it said to push three buttons and do it 2 more times to get a reading of 888
Absolutely nothing happens when I do that.
If it's powered on and I push three buttons it still does not give me 888

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then it has to be the control board that's malfunctioning.

I posted the link to your control board in post #2 above.

Jake