MVWB765FW Maytag Washer Clicking noise when coasting down on the spinning cycle

NMmom

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB765FW
Brand
Maytag
I just bought a new maytag washer the beginning of last month. It’s got this clicking sound when it’s doing it’s final spinning cycle and it’s coasting down and then it speeds back up and is fine. It will click at time when it first starts and it’s filling with water and dispersing the soap. It’s draining and washing and going through all the cycles like it should. I’ve talked to people online and they say it’s normal? 🤷‍♀️.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Everything is covered for the first year. Call Maytag and set up a warranty service call. Let them decide if it's normal if you can't tell where the noise is coming from. If you attempt a repair you risk losing your warranty.

NMmom

Premium Member
I bought the machine from Lowe’s but I did call Maytag and bought an extended warranty for another year. I won’t try to fix or diagnose the issue myself. Just wondered if anyone had an insight on this matter. If machine is working properly and it’s level. Just don’t understand the clicking noise.

NMmom

Premium Member
You can hear it on the outside inner part of the machine. It doesn’t do it through the whole wash cycle. Kind of towards the back

NMmom

Premium Member
Oh gosh! Then it does it when it coasts down for like 4 seconds then it’s fine! I was hoping you had the magic answer

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, that's a new noise I've never heard before either.

Call Maytag 1-800-344-1274 to come out to see what's going on under warranty.:)

Jake

NMmom

Premium Member
It’s been done! Will be out Tuesday! Of course I get a dang new machine and it does this! Really? Thanks guys. I will keep you posted on what he finds!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help (y)

Yes, keep us posted on what they find.:)

Jake

NMmom

Premium Member
Hey guys update! Pro came out and couldn’t find the exact cause but was going to replace many parts to make sure it’s fixed the first time. Well, I called Lowe’s and even tho it had been past 30 days...I demanded to have a replacement! They worked with me and getting a new machine. Machine not 2 months old. Pray this machine is good! Thanks for your help and advice. He had never come across this sound before.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the update!

Glad to hear Lowe's is replacing it with a new Maytag washer, let us know if the new Maytag washer you get makes that same sound.

Jake

NMmom

Premium Member
It better not! My sister has the same machine and has had it for 2 years and it doesn’t make that noise! The pro said there is something wrong for sure. Will keep you updated!

Thanks again!