• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWB765FW0 Maytag top load washer repeating cycles

lzajac

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB765FW0
Brand
Maytag
Hi-Looking for some help troubleshooting Maytag top load washer MVWB765FW0. Usually with heavier loads (towels, jeans, etc.), rinse cycle continues to repeat at around 30 min left. Timer gets down to 27-28 while draining/spinning, then resets back to 30 and fills the tub again. Does this about 3 times and then shuts off. I change setting to drain/spin and same thing happens. Starts at around 15 min, spins until about 10-12 min, then jumps back up to 15 and fills the tub again. Continuous cycle until washer shuts off. (The spin cycles do not get to those high speed spins.) I go into diagnostics mode and get error codes F9E2, F0E5, and F0E3. Sometimes it happens with regular clothes too. Already replaced water inlet valve as one of the solenoids had no continuity. I'm thinking it might be motherboard but hate to spend the $$ without being sure.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Is your washer drain hose sitting above the top console and draining into a standpipe? Also make sure no duct tape is sealing that , you need air to get into that drain pipe.

F9E2--->Water Ring Detected, Pump Drive System Problem
Fault is displayed when the system is unable to drain water from load.
--->Is the drain hose or the drain pump clogged?
--->Is the drain hose height greater than 8’ (2.4 m)?
--->Is the pressure hose connection from the tub to the main control pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
--->Too much detergent.
--->Is the pump running? If not, see TEST #7: Drain Pump, page 19.

Jake

Attachments

• MVWB765FW0 Tech Sheet - W10607408 - Rev F.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 16

lzajac

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. No problems with draining. All of those items check out ok as well.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Those other error codes are overload and suspension problems, so if you are not having any issues with that either, then your main control board is possibly malfunctioning causes these issues.

Is there a way to test the motherboard on this washer?
Yes, TEST #1: Main Control (ACU) on Page 14.

Here's the main control board(ACU) for your model: Cntrl-Elec

Jake

lzajac

Premium Member
Thanks again for providing me some options! How can I check for suspension problems? I can push down on the basket and it comes back up (does not bounce) so I think that is good. Again, this unit is only 3-4 years old so I'm a little stumped here. Will test the main control board as you suggest and will report back. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How can I check for suspension problems? I can push down on the basket and it comes back up (does not bounce) so I think that is good.
Yes, it seems fine.

Yes, keep us posted on what you find on the main control board.

Jake

lzajac

Premium Member
Main control (ACU) Test 1 checks out ok. I did run the machine through a service diagnostic and the machine was unable to determine pass or fail on several of the functions (lid lock for example...the lid did lock). Not sure if this indicates a malfunction on the board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
machine was unable to determine pass or fail on several of the functions (lid lock for example...the lid did lock). Not sure if this indicates a malfunction on the board.
Sure sounds like it to me.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake