MVWB850YW0 Maytag Bravos XL diagnostic mode

jks67ss396

Model Number
MVWB850YW0
Brand
Maytag
Hi guys

I just replaced the bearings and seal on my Maytag Bravos XL washer. I have searched and searched and cant find out how to enter and perform diagnostic mode.

I can find plenty of how-tos on the Bravos X, and similar models, but those techniques (turning the dial counterclockwise (CCW), 3 clockwise, 1 CCW and 1 CW) dont seem to work on my XL

Any information or documentation on how to enter diagnostic mode and perform tests would be great!!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off) or in setting mode (plugged in and power up just before running a cycle). Select any one button (except POWER/CANCEL and START/PAUSE) and follow these steps, using the same button:

Press/hold 3 seconds. Release for 3 seconds.

Press/hold 3 seconds. Release for 3 seconds.

Press/hold 3 seconds.

If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with 8:88 showing in the Estimated Time Remaining three-digit display. If indicators do not display as described above, the press/hold/release procedure above may not have been performed within the time frame necessary for successful entry. Repeat to ensure this was not the cause.

The test sequence continues by checking for saved fault codes:

If there are saved fault codes, the fault code saved in the first memory location will be displayed and show “F” and “XX” where XX is the fault code. Use the same button you used to activate test mode to move to the next error code. The washer will save up to 4 fault codes

If there are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will momentarily turn off, then turn back on with 8:88 displayed. After 5 seconds, the Automatic test begins.