• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MVWB950YG Maytag Bravos XL Washer leaking from bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

henningfeld

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB950YG
Brand
Maytag
Good morning,

I have a Maytag Bravos XL Washer and I noticed it is leaking from the bottom of the washer. I cleaned up the water and ran it in the diagnostic mode and would lift up and check and find new water each completed cycle. It is not a substantial amount but something that will need to be fixed. I am looking for some suggestions as to what I should do from here. I am unable to location the exact leak position, I am not sure if it is the pump or maybe the seal in the tube. It seems like the water sometimes is in the front and sometimes in the back. Where should I go from here to help troubleshoot the issue? Do I remove the back of the washer or try to set it up on blocks? Appreciate the help and support!

henningfeld

Premium Member
I have an updated after I took the back of the washer off I noticed that I had to run it in diagnostic mode about 4 or 5 times before I got any water on the floor. The water puddle is at the front left of the washer where it seems the detergent holder is. I am attaching some photos it looks like water eventually drips down from the plastic tub. See photos for more clarity. Any recommendations on what the actual malfunction maybe?
https://imgur.com/JpSZlLk
https://imgur.com/WOM4Q5I
https://imgur.com/n13lRlj

Attachments

henningfeld

Premium Member
It seems like the detergent fill cup is either splashing when it engages water to wash it in. I inserted two paper two in it to slow the flow and it seems to prevent the dripping. I check and the machine is level. Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located a service bulletin on this problem, you need to check the tub ring to see if it has the slots in it so that water can drain down the slots, and not splash out.

Do you know how to get access to the tub ring?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the tub ring for your model:
WPW10362224 Ring-Tub

See those slots at the very bottom of that photo?

Jake

henningfeld

Premium Member
Yes I looked at that tonight. Actually unclipped the ring to make sure nothing was clogging it. My ring looked just like this one. I will post a photo of it tomorrow just to ensure I'm not missing anything

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, because the service bulletin mentioned some did not have those slots, and to order it if it didn't have those slots.

So yours should be fine since it has the slots.

I don't know how it can leak since the water is running down those slots.

Jake

henningfeld

Premium Member
I checked my tub ring and it is the updated version that has the slots. May just need to call someone out as this splashing leak is odd

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree.

Jake

henningfeld

Premium Member
I ordered the inlet valve after talking to a technician. We'll see if that fixes the problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's possible.

Here's The water inlet valve for your model:
W10853723 Valve

Yes, let us know, I'm very curious myself.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

salvo2002

Premium Member
Just wanted to say thanks, I had the same issue as the OP on a Maytag MVWB880BW0 and replacing the inlet valve fixed it!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed yours too. (y)

Thanks for letting us know!

Jake

C Murph

Premium Member
Replacement cured the problem!! doesn't seem to make sense but it does it. I'd ask you to update video of how to remove top of washer. We have brackets in the back that needed to be addressed and top removed differently from your video. But all in all....thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.