• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWB980BG0 Maytag washer drive shaft question

streetglider

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB980BG0
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Bravo XL Washer that was making a loud noise. i did some research and it seems the washer needed new bearings. I ordered a MVWB850YW1 Maytag Washer OEM Bearing, Seal, Tool Kit. The kit was delivered with the drive shaft sticking out of the package. I took pictures of the damaged package and a video. I then noticed that the silver seal or lip on the drive shaft is bent. I took some pictures and contacted the company but it seems they may not be easy to work with on issues like this. So, before I get into a big hassle I was wondering if the drive shaft can still be used? I don't want to try and fix it if it's not okay as i sue don't want to tear the machine apart twice. My wife is already going through washing machine withdrawal!! I will attach some pictures if I can. Your advice is appreciated.

Drive shaft 1.JPGDrive shaft 2.JPGDrive shaft 3.JPG

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

streetglider

Premium Member
I will try another photograph that might be more clear. I'm not sure if it can be fixed so I was hoping to get an opinion from someone with more experience. If I try to fix it and can't I am sure they won't take it back.
Shaft lip damage.JPG