MVWC200XW1 Maytag Centennial shakes violently

JoelV721

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC200XW1
Brand
Maytag
Hello, I have a Maytag Centennial model MVWC200XW1. The unit is about 10 years old but has been lightly used, and was in storage for about five years to date. When I hooked it up, the unit works fine until it gets to spin, where it shakes violently and actually starts tossing around. I ran your manual diagnostic after clearing the memory, on both heavy agitator and heavy spin (had to end the spin not too far in) and got F7E5 error code. I would just chalk this up to it being the shift actuator, but it seems when that goes out it won’t spin at all. Could it be the dampeners on the suspension rods instead?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Joel,

You will need new suspension rods.

Here's the suspension rod kit for your model you can order:
Suspension Rod W10780048

When you click the part link to the suspension rod kit you will see a video on how to replace this suspension rod kit, I did one just like this a couple months ago and it fixed it.:)

Jake

JoelV721

Premium Member
Thanks for replying! I have ordered the parts and will report back the results next week!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Joel, sounds good.

Jake

JoelV721

Premium Member
I’ve got the parts, took the lid off the unit, took the tub lip off, and I am seeing no small springs that attach from the outer tub to the rods. Is this normal for my model, or is this possibly my problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Some models don't have those little springs, I one I did in Parker, Arizona didn't have those little springs either, so I just replaced all 4 rods and it worked fine.:)

Jake