• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWC200XW1 Maytag Centennial washer leaks sometimes

theripster

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC200XW1
Brand
Maytag
I have a lady friend who has a Maytag Centennial washer that she said leaks from the front sometimes. I looked at it and although I could not see anything wrong, I assumed it must be the pump and so I replace it for her. 2 Weeks later she calls and says it is leaking again. I went back over there and took the back cover off and ran it thru a cycle to see if I could see where the water was coming from. In true fashion, it decided not to leak at this time. I played around with it a little, but could not make it leak. So I finally buttoned it up and told her to continue using it. If it leaks again. Make an annotation of the settings. Water level, cycle used, and a good description of what the load consisted of.

Am I missing something obvious here? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd check for water stains in the middle underneath the tub, where the transmission is located.

If there is, then the tub seal is bad.

Here's the tub seal for your model:
Tub Seal W10324647

Video in part link.

Jake

theripster

Premium Member
At this time there are no stains, and there was also no water. On another note. The video you included actually shows a Whirlpool designed washer. This one only has access by removing the back panel, and the suspension looks like a GE. I sure wish they could stop mixing all the different design types together. Just waiting to hear from her again, and then I'll be going back over there.

Erika1Robyn1

Have you solved the problem? What was the verdict. I have same problem and my tech cant fix it and I'm actually getting blamed for it (too much soap too much clothes) it happens with different load types on different cycles.