• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWC300XW0 Maytag washer not spinning

ezduzit99

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC300XW0
Brand
Maytag
Hi all. I've been scouring the web trying to find resolution to this. Ran the diagnostics, which pointed toward a faulty shift actuator. Replaced that and still having the same problem. Haven't replaced the lock switch, as it appears to be operating normally. Any thoughts on what the

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Let's check for a error code.

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet for your model below.

Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

ezduzit99

Premium Member
I went ahead and replaced both the lid lock and control board, and recalibrated the machine. Everything seemed to be correct. Ran two wash cycles without issue. The next day, ran a third and the original problem occurred where it would not spin on the spin cycle. The F7E5 error code came up when I pulled the error code. Cleared the code, and ran the automatic diagnostic cycle. Checked and no error codes present. Seems to be working fine. For now. But I'm still concerned as it should have been fine after the board and lock were swapped. Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like a faulty shift actuator, where did you buy it from?

Here's the shift actuator for your model:
Shift Actuator WPW10006355

Jake