• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MVWC415EW0 Maytag Centennial Washer won't spin

Bill1961

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC415EW0
Brand
Maytag
My Maytag Centennial washer, works fine until time to spin. A few months ago I replaced the agitator plastic clutch , that was worn out, and it started working fine, now I have this problem. I turned over machine and looked at the belt clutch that goes into tub, nothing seemed loose, no nut off, everything was even from one end of belt to other end, but it makes this noise when it goes to spin, and it won't spin. It makes the noise like 3-4 times, and the stops, Could it be a slipping belt, nothing has dropped down, no nuts off that I can see. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Lets check your hub first.

Here's the hub for your model:
W10528947 Hub

Here's a video to access/replace it:

--->Look at these photos below of the hub teeth grinded down to smooth. It should NOT be grinded down to smooth.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• wgww.jpg
    wgww.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 44
  • wrhwn.jpg
    wrhwn.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 42

Bill1961

Premium Member
I replaced the hub for Agitator a month ago. About a week after that I did have to go back inside washer and tighten bolt that is down at the bottom of agitator, must not have tightened good enough 1st time. I turned the agitator with my hand and it's not turning freely from the tub, like it was when it was stripped. Do you think the hub has wore out that quick. I guess it's possible, since it's plastic. I have tried not to overload the washer also, because the guy at parts store, said they get wore out, by overloading sometimes. It was a tight fit when I put new hub on. Put all the screws in, then tighten them down. I guess I could have screwed up, and caused it to strip out, it seemed like a pretty simple of a fix. Thanks Jake, for your reply, I will go back in tomorrow, and check hub again.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you think the hub has wore out that quick.
Yes, especially if its a aftermarket hub, you can only use the OEM hub on these machines. Where did you buy the hub at?

What part store? In your local area? They only sell OEM parts?

Yes, check the hub again today to see if its smooth.

Jake

Bill1961

Premium Member
I went yesterday and got another hub, before I saw your reply. I haven't pulled out of package. A1 Appliance Store in Montgomery, Al is where I got it from. Not sure if it's aftermarket or OEM part, I will check with them today. They said I probably was putting to many clothes in washer, but I have not been overloading washer since I replaced the 1st time. It could be an aftermarket part. Thanks for the info. Well I don't need to call them, I just checked the part number you gave, and on the package, and they are both the same, so it must be OEM.

Attachments

• IMG_20220209_034626.jpg
    IMG_20220209_034626.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220209_034553__01.jpg
    IMG_20220209_034553__01.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Bill1961

Premium Member
I put the new hub on, and recalibrated the washing machine, something I didn't do the 1st time. Thanks for your help Jake. Hopefully this one will last a little longer

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bill, yes that hub looks OEM to me too.:)

Glad to hear your back in business.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake