• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWC425BW0 Maytag Washer - very loud spin cycle and F7E1 code

scanman

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC425BW0
Brand
Maytag
Hi -

I purchased a used Maytag machine. Worked fine until my wife mentioned that sometimes it leaks a little bit of water, and there would be a squeal noise. I assumed this was happening during the spin cycle, but did not get to troubleshoot it further.

Meantime, my wife tried to wash a load of clothes, and the spin cycle became very loud. Thought there might be an issue with the suspension rods or leveling legs, but these looked fine.

Ran a diagnostic test and got two codes: F7E1 and F7E5. Cleared the codes. Ran "heavy agitation" in manual mode several times. Seems to work fine with no trouble codes. Both "low spin" and "high spin" seem to run in manual mode very briefly. Lid locked light flashes, and then I get the F7E1 code. The other code (F7E5) has not returned.

Did some research on this forum, and it looks like the problem is likely the shift actuator. Was hoping for some feedback before proceeding with purchasing a new shift actuator. Seems like this is a part that commonly fails on these machines.

Thanking you in advance,

Dante

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
For the banging you'd need new suspension rods and springs, they come all 4 in a kit:
Suspension

For the F7E1 That's usually the shift actuator.

Here's the shift actuator for your model(Video Included):
WPW10006355 Shift Actuator

Where is the water leaking at?

Jake

scanman

Premium Member
Thank you very much Jake! (I will have to troubleshoot the water leak further once the parts you mentioned are replaced and the machine is more functional.)

Thanks again,

Dante

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dante, sounds good.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Correct.

Jake