FIXED MVWC565FW0 Wonderful Maytag Washer switch ?

cosmo712

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC565FW0
Brand
Maytag
Have a Maytag I thought was going to remedy the need to replace washers every so many years, this one supposedly has the tub/transmission 10 year warranty ? Anyway, it appears that the start stop switch has stopped working, I was trying to wash an electric blanket which had some unusual wash requirements, i.e. soak 5 min. wash 2 min. and spin normally, I can get it into diagnostic mode with control knob easy enough, but when I press start stop switch to cycle through, it doesn't seem to make any difference, the switch also seems to be canted slightly and I can see some sort of thin rubber strip partially covering the button...on my way to remove the control assembly from washer now...

cosmo712

Premium Member
I have found so far that I can get to the micro-switch on the control board and it operates normally, so it's that 1/2 rubber plastic button, it has sort of a clear plastic piece glued to the front that would normally hold that start stop button and also is the "lens" for the cycle LED's, I have a feeling that it's supposed to hold this button...have been trying to get the button lip in what looks like a groove in the plastic piece...would have better luck putting toothpaste back in the tube....

cosmo712

Premium Member
Finally after much gnashing of teeth, I managed to get the rubber switch cover back in place, there was a clear plastic piece designed to retain a lip of the plastic/rubber switch cover, it took some doing but I managed to get it back in, that seems to be all that was wrong with it, I blame myself, if you push the button and it doesn't do what you want, push harder right ? Doesn't work that way in this case, happy ending however, no cost and just a little sweat......