• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWC565FW1 Maytag not filling correctly on sensed water level wash cycle only

OddBallNo3

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC565FW1
Brand
Maytag
My washer doesn't seem to be sensing the water level correctly on the wash cycle only. It will put enough water in to dampen the clothes and that's it. It operates seemingly correctly on deep water wash cycles (tested with bulky sheets setting). I think I have it nailed down to the level sensor or main control board, but I'd like to confirm that. is there a test procedure to positively confirm its the sensor, and is there a water level chart or something to confirm its filling to correct levels in other cycles and not just by eye? thanks folks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

OddBallNo3

Premium Member
I'm probably describing the problem poorly.. its not like its low but enough and questionable, its literally like 3 splashes, just enough to make the clothes damp, not a fill with a few articles of clothing sticking up, which I have observed it when functioning properly.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it! Can you check for a error code.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

You can get into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES and see what fault codes you get, if any.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3--->Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10740624 - Rev B.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.