• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MVWC6ESWW1 Maytag washing machine will only run spin/drain cycle, will not fill. Going insane!

tirwander

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC6ESWW1
Brand
Maytag
Hi!

Hopeful after finding this forum.

A few weeks ago I had to open and close my washer maybe four times at the beginning of the cycle as it was filling. Kept finding things that kids had dropped in random spots that needed to be washed. (Ugh)

Suddenly after the third or fourth open and close of the lid the machine just quit filling. And... It never was to fill again.... 😥😥 Now it will only run if I manually move the timer knob to a spin/drain section and pull the knob out. If I have it anywhere else on the cycle it just sits there quiet and does nothing. The timer does not progress to the spin/drain cycle either.

I ended up first replacing the water intake valve and then the timer. Neither worked. Last night I found this post on this forum, but it is for an older model. I removed and looked at my door switch and it does not have a fuse... also when I manually engaged the switch (while the timer was on a spin cycle) the machine began spinning again, so I am guessing it is also not that switch? When the switch is in place the spinning stops when I open the door as well, and begins again when I close it. I borrowed a multimeter from a friend but honestly am not sure how to really use it that well but am happy to learn.

I am just stuck at this point. Is there some other area on this washer where there would be a potentially blown fuse? What else could be going on?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

tirwander

Premium Member
That did work! Thanks so much. So, another question.... the pipe in the wall that is the drain for the hose from the washer keeps clogging up and spill over a lot of water when the washer drains. I have done lye and water down the pipe twice now.... tried by snake but it won't make it around the elbow or something, but the lie and water seem to drain through. Any recommendations?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new temperature switch fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

another question.... the pipe in the wall that is the drain for the hose from the washer keeps clogging up and spill over a lot of water when the washer drains. I have done lye and water down the pipe twice now.... tried by snake but it won't make it around the elbow or something, but the lie and water seem to drain through. Any recommendations?
You will need your house drain pipe professionally cleaned out by a local plumber in your area.

Jake