FIXED MVWX500XW1 Maytag washer won't spin on spin cycle.

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
Model
MVWX500XW1
Brand
Maytag
Good afternoon, I have an issue with my washer and would like to verify the part I need. My diagnosis is bleak, after testing, I've been lead to main control. When testing in manual mode on spin or agitate, the lid lock never engaged. When lid lock test is made, it works every time. Is my diagnosis missing anything? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with Rick, most likely a bad control board.

But I just located another thread with your exact same model number and exact same problem: MVWX500XW1 Maytag Bravo Not spinning

Rick posted the tech. data sheet there for this model.

Jake

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I had downloaded data sheet from Maytag. I just wanted to be sure before I ordered a pricey board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Sparky, sounds like a good plan, let us know how it goes!

Jake

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
I have been looking around for this board and came across this. Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
Thanks Rick, I found out the hard way. This is the only one I've found and Reman units don't bother me, I'm wondering if anyone else has used one or this company.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, others have and as you can see I removed the hotlink to that company, we've had many complaints about that company.

Jake

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
Jake, sorry if I was out of line. I have to get this machine up and running before we run out of clothes to wear.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I understand, but I'm just letting you know beforehand.:)

Jake

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
Received and installed replacement main control board today. Now I'm getting F7 E1 AND F7 E7. I'm just testing, no clothes in machine and perfectly balanced

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
How did you go from a lid lock issue to a motor issue? Have you run the diagnostics in test mode? Is that where you got the error codes?

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
That's correct Rick, test in manual and automatic. Lid lock is still an issue. Board was replaced with a reman unit, calibrated then tested.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
So there is still a lid lock issue but you're not getting any lid lock error codes just the F7E1 and F7E7?

RBW Sparky

Premium Member
I just reinstalled original board, calibrated and manual tests performed. Spin and agitation tests will not perform due to lid lock not activating. Any suggestions before I proceed will be greatly appreciated.