FIXED MVWX500XW2 Maytag Bravos X Error code F7 E5 after actuator replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavernkeeper

Premium Member
Thanks for your help! The great news is I contacted Maytag and since it is under 5 years since I purchased the unit, they replaced it free!

Let anyone with a Maytag unit that is doing strange things that they can contact Maytag and still get real customer service! 800-344-1274

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's interesting, so does it say that in your owners manual warranty? Or is this something new Maytag is doing?

But at any rate, I'm happy to hear that!!! Good job!!!

Jake

jacpac00

Premium Member
Hope someone can help. My washer has been experiencing problems completing the cycle, it would usually stall prior to spin, we would have to turn it off, turn the knob to spin, turn it back on, then it would complete the cycle.

The last load I tried to wash, I set to bulky (it included a small pet bed) and the washer hung at the spin cycle again. I turned it off, set to spin, and restarted, but this time, the light around the dial did not move to the spin setting, the washer started making an unusual noise, a hum, like a motor is trying to start, and nothing will progress.

After reading this and other forums and posts, we decided to replace the actuator. This didn't change anything. When we plug it in and turn it on, the "Bulky" light is still lit no matter where you set the dial, and the same humming noise begins. Help please.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you run the diagnostics to see what error code your getting?

Here's the tech. data sheet for your washer, that shows you how: Dropbox - VMW - Tech Sheet.pdf

If F7E1 error code, Here is a attachment below that use can also use. Also do a VMW calibration on your washer to see if that helps. It tells you how in the tech.sheet.

Jake

Attachments

jacpac00

Premium Member
I ran the error codes, then the diagnostic washer cycle, and checked the codes again. Both times the codes were the same. F2 E1, F9 E1, and F0 E2. And after the diagnostic cycle ended, there is half a tub of water in the washer. So I'm guessing I should check the drain pump next. Should I just go ahead and order one, as it is likely to need replacing, or is it more likely that something is caught in it?
Thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Yes, it sounds like something is stuck/jammed in the drain pump, or the drain pump went out. Remove the drain pump hoses and look in it to see.:)

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10276397

Watch this video to access/replace it:

[video=youtube;vbLAory7iYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbLAory7iYU[/video]

Have a lot of big old towels handy, that water in the tub will gush out when you remove the rubber hoses to the drain pump.

Jake

jacpac00

Premium Member
When I went to remove the pump, the water had drained out of the tub. I live in a rural area and am on a drain field, so the water just runs out to the pasture. Nothing was found in the hoses of the pump or machine. I haven't checked the drain field outlet, but is it possible that if the drain field was slow draining or partially clogged at that end, that would have caused the pump to quit working and make the humming noise? While waiting for the new pump to arrive, I took the bottom off the old pump. Should the impeller (not sure if that is what it is called?) spin freely? It doesn't spin freely, but I can turn it.
Thanks again for your assistance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

When I worked In Arizona and Texas for Wards, lots of customers would attach the drain hose to their lawn hose to water their yards, that's fine but you need to have the same diameter hose as the machines drain hose has or you will have this issue.

That's why its very important to time how long it takes for the water to drain the whole tub, normal is under 90 seconds, do you see what I mean?:)

Also, make sure you have an air gap where the drain hose goes into your water outlet too.

Jake

jacpac00

Premium Member
So, we replaced the water pump, dug up the drain line, found it to be clogged (a 12" pine tree growing up on it will tend to do that), and for less than $100 total, (actuator, drain pump, new section of drain line and fittings) we are back in business!! Thanks for all your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
12" pine tree growing up on it will tend to do that
Yes, that would do it!

Good find!

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.