• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWX600XW0 lid lock flashing and error code F1 E2

husky0601

Model Number
MVWX600XW0
Brand
Maytag
Our maytag upright is having the problem that many other users have noted where the lid lock light would start flashing and while the washer would fill, it would not agitate. After it had the problem I could select rinse, spin and drain and that would work, but the clothes would never have been agitated and washed. It only happens some times (and sometimes if you unplug it and restart it then it will run fine). But it is a frustrating problem.

I started by replacing the lid lock and lid lock assembly. That did not resolve the problem.

I then did the automatic diagnostics and got a the f1 E2, F7 E5, and F7 E1 codes. I then went into manual mode, following the advice on a different thread. The first time I did the heavy agitation it started to spin for about 5 seconds and then the lid light started flashing. The codes were the F1 E2 and F7 E1 ones. I then cleared the codes and tried the light spin, heavy spin, light agitator, and then even the heavy agitator a second time and they ALL ran fine, with the heavy agitation running for at least a minute without any problems. But then when I tried to do the recalibration it stops about 2 seconds in with the light flashing and I get the F1 E2 code. So the problem is intermittent, but definitely there.

I welcome suggestions of what areas to focus on and to test.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F1 E2 MOTOR CONTROL FAULT
F7 E1 BASKET SPEED SENSOR FAULT
F7 E5 SHIFTER FAULT

Did you have the lid down when you did those tests, including calibration? If so, then its either a bad control board or a bad motor.

I'm posting your tech. data sheet and TESTS you will need to do, take your time there are many steps involved. Its good you have a multimeter, you will definitely need it doing these TESTS.

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzvgAyLTSh14UjdKeG1ldDkwZzQ

To test the motor: See TEST #3b: Drive System–Motor, page 14.

To test the control board: See TEST #1: Main Control, page 12.

Here's the motor for your model:
W10836348 Drive Motor

Here's the control board for your model:
W10745339 Cntrl-Elec

Let us know what you find.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.