• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWX655DW0 Maytag Bravos MCT shakes/vibrates violently and gets stuck on spin

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX655DW0
Brand
Maytag
With a medium to heavy load, this machine shakes badly in the spin cycle. Additionally, it gets stuck in the spin cycle and does stop not unless you turn it off. ????

Lewis R

Premium Member
Hi, I saw one last week with a loose tub under the wash plate. Couldn't get the bolt out securing the washplate, it would bind up once it was unthreaded and about to come out. At this point, I knew it was going to be fairly expensive to repair, so we advised to replace the machine. Unfortunately, many of the problems with the more modern washers, are pricey to fix.
Back to your issue, the shaking could be a loose tub as well, or suspension rods and dampers, or machine not setting securely on the floor, or tub balance ring may have lost its liquid, which only comes with the tub assembly in most cases.
Not sure why it continues to run until you manually turn it off. maybe control thinks there is still water present that needs to be pumped out, or the control program is faulty.
Do any codes show up or have you run diagnostics on this yet to retrieve the codes.

Lewis

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The problem is your suspension rods springs have worn out.

I had one do this exact same thing a few months ago in my local area of Parker, Arizona and the new spring/rods kit fixed it for my customer.

Here's the suspension rods springs kit assembly for your model you can order:
W11130362 Suspension spring kit

It comes with complete instructions on how to replace them.

Jake