MVWX655DW0 Maytag washer with error codes need

Trlynch

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX655DW0
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag washer model number MVWX655DW0. That is 3 years old with error codes. 1). Sen light __ rise light spin light done light. then they go out the done light flashes again. 2). Sen light __ rise light __ done light. Please help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's F7E5. I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Go into diagnostics and clear the error codes. This is very important since most complaints start with the lid lock on and blinking, or the unit will not start and spin.

If, when in diagnostics the codes are F7E1, F7E5, or motor speed codes, then chances are it is a motor, capacitor, or shifter related issue. Once the codes are cleared, put the washer into a manual diagnostic test and run the HEAVY AGITATION; if
after 15‐20 Seconds the motor runs then you can rule out the motor, capacitor, control, and most likely the wiring harness connections (although still check the BK wire from the shifter to the control). Remember, the timing wheel only turns in the
transmission during the spin cycle.

Next, while in Manual diagnostics, try to get the unit to spin; if the motor hums for a split second and then shuts down with the lid lock blinking; go back into diagnostic codes and look for shifter or speed sensor errors.

This is proof that the shifter/sensor assembly is the issue because the optical sensor is not reading the motor speed.

Here's the shift actuator for your model:
W10913953 Actuator

Video Included in part link.

Let us know what happens.

Jake

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What was the problem with your washer to begin with?

Jake

Trlynch

Premium Member
When I would do a load it would not spin all the water out of the loads. I tried smaller loads and it still would not spin out the extra water.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Would it drain the water fine, but just not spin to get all the water out of the clothes?

If that's the case usually the shift actuator is the cause, and also the cause of the F7E5 error code.

Jake

Trlynch

Premium Member
Yes it drains just fine. Thank you for the help it will be a little while before I can get the part

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake