FIXED MVWX655DW0 Won't spin out

Kevin9

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX655DW0
Brand
Maytag
Forgive me in advance if i missed a post with my same issue.

Background: Clothes not being spun enough. Clothes are still wet. That being said, I have looked seemingly everywhere and chased several avenues. What I have done: Replaced belt. Totally disassembled washer with exception of removing the motor/transmission (trying to see if clogged drain tube and realized how nasty washer was).

In process of disassembly/reassembly I inspected the ?? clutch thing on bottom behind pulley. It seemed fine. After removing wash plate i looked at the piece under it that connects to the drive shaft. It appeared to be fine. I have ran auto diagnostics (i am struggling with those and finding error codes) and also recalibrated after reinstalling drum and everything.

What its doing: Washer seems to agitate. Upon spin cycle, the tub starts moving slowly at first and as speed tries to pick up, the wash plate suddenly spins like at 1,000,000 rpm and the tub just barely turns. Again, I apologize for anything i have missed and any poor descriptions.

Please advise.... clothes are mounting, wife is really mad and I am totally frustrated. I really don't want to buy a new machine and I really don't want to "parts swap". Thank you for the tech sheet i found useful to a point. I have suffered a TBI injury and sometimes struggle.

Much thanks in advance.

Kevin9

Premium Member
Update: Fixed! Ashamed to say I missed the hub being cracked..... found a crack when I took it off again and looked closer. Thanks to all the helpful posts which led me back to finding the issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member