• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MVWX655DW01 Maytag Bravos Washer code F8 E1

brokenwasherguy

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX655DW01
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Bravos MVWX655DW01 that does not get past the sensing stage of a wash. The drum turns and stops several times then nothing. It just sits there with the sensing light on. I have tried with with clothes and empty. It never starts to put water in after doing a few drum rotations and stop and rotate cycles. I did the code thing and get F8 E1 which I think is a slow or no fill. I have replaced the main control board but it still does the same thing. It took almost 3 weeks just to get the replacement control board. Whats weird is that if I do the "Clean Washer with Affresh" it does start to fill with water. Please help.
Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Put your machine on COLD water ONLY, then start the machine, then use a multimeter and check for 120 volts at the COLD water side solenoid and if you get 120 volts and no water is coming out then its bad.

Your model takes two water inlet valves separately.

Here's the COLD water inlet valve for your model(Video Included):
W11168740 Valve

Here's the HOT water inlet valve for your model(Video Included):
W11168743 Valve

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

brokenwasherguy

Premium Member
Thank you so much for the quick reply.
Is there a way I can set the washer to pump cold water constantly so when I test the voltage I know for sure it is trying to pump cold water?
Also, can you give more details on how to test for 120 volts. I know how to use a multi-meter but not familiar with the washer parts.
Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its easy, just start a new cycle and put your meter probes on the two COLD water valve solenoid electrical terminals and see if your meter reads 120 volts.

When you click the part link to the COLD water valve you will see a video of how to access those two electrical terminals.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new COLD water inlet valve fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake