MVWX655DW1 Maytag Bravos MCT washes then gets stuck on rinse cycle

Goldmoon27

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX655DW1
Brand
Maytag
My Maytag Bravos MCT MOD MVWX655DW1 wasn't agitating, It was making a clicking noise like it was missing. I looked the problem up online and decided to replace the splutch cam kit. Now the washer agitates during the wash cycle but then it gets stuck on the rinse cycle. The yellow rinse light is on and the clothes are extremely wet. I tried resetting it, and I even took the splutch kit off and put it back on again. Same results. Any ideas? This washer is only 2 years old.

Goldmoon27

Premium Member
Also, before the splutch kit was replaced the washer didn't have any issues spinning or going through the cycles. I fixed the agitator problem and apparently created a new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you check for a error code?

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, let's check for a error code.

Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Its possibly a bad shift actuator.

Here's the shift actuator for your model:
W10913953 Actuator

Here's the video that shows how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

Goldmoon27

Premium Member
I followed the directions and the only light that was on while searching for fault codes was the sensing light. I continued to turn the dial clockwise to see if there were others and it was just that one. Not sure what that means.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then activate MANUAL TEST MODE on Page 4.

Then on Page 9 do LOW SPIN and HIGH SPIN.

Let us know if it spins.

Jake

Goldmoon27

Premium Member
It wouldn't run the test because the lid locked light wasn't on. The door was closed and I ran the drain test but I think there's still some water in it. I set it to drain and spin and it won't spin. Only agitates. It spun normally before the new splutch cam kit was installed, but it won't spin now.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
In Manual Test Mode, the first test is the Lid Lock, press the start button and it will lock. When lock is enabled, the “Lid Lock” LED will turn ON.

Then go to LOW SPIN and HIGH SPIN and it should spin with the lid lock LED ON.

Jake

Goldmoon27

Premium Member
I just ran the low spin and high spin tests. The agitator spins during both tests but the drum didn't spin for either test.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can you turn the drum freely by hand both ways?

It sure sounds like the shift actuator is not shifting from agitate to spin. Do you see the shift actuator moving to the spin location on the cam when it should be shifting from agitate to spin?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I saw the video.

Its possibly the hub underneath the washplate, that's starting to strip out.

Here's the hub for your model, its located underneath the washplate:
W10528947 Hub

To remove your washplate, Watch this video below, wiggle the washplate while pulling it up.

I'd first check your hub to see if the teeth are starting to grind down.

The hub has screws that hold it in place, you will see them once you remove the washplate.

Look at these photos below of the teeth grinded down to smooth.

Jake

Attachments

Goldmoon27

Premium Member
We replaced the hub. The old one looked worn plus there was a bunch of mildew built up under the agitator. We cleaned it up, installed the new hub, and it's still getting stuck on the rinse cycle. I ran the low and high spin tests and the drum still isn't spinning.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I really need the fault code to help you further, if you are not able to identity the fault code then you will need to have Maytag come out at 1-800-344-1274 to see what's going on.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, F7E1 – BASKET SPEED FAULT

Like I said above, it sounds like the shift actuator is the problem, I always tilt the machine back so I can observe if the shift actuator is moving that arm in the splutch cam when it should be switching from agitate to spin.

Fault is displayed when the main control cannot determine speed of basket, or speed changes too quickly.
See TEST #3: Drive System, page 13.
--->See TEST #3a: Drive System – Shifter, page 13.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It looks broken to me, order it, I posted it above in post #3.:)

Jake