• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MVWX655DW1 Maytag Bravos Washer - out of balance causing it to shake and knock loudly

Billyrgibson

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX655DW1
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Bravos MCT washer model MVWX655DW1 that is two years old. On spun cycles it spins out of balance causing it to shake and knock loudly. I replaced the suspension springs and it made no difference.

I called a repairman out to changed the hub and it seemed to be no different. He came back again and replaced the inner tub and it is better but still does it just not as often.

Is there anything else to look for?? He said that the transmission would be his next guess. Is this something I should fix or just keep buying a new piece of junk every two years? Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you get the suspension spring and rod kit at? It does make a difference.:)

Look what I said here:

All parts from ApplaincePartsPros are OEM.

Here's the OEM suspension rod springs kit for your model you can order:
W11130362 Suspension spring kit

Also look here:

Jake

Billyrgibson

Premium Member
Thank you for your help! I ordered the springs from Amazon but will now order the ones you suggest. I sure hope tiis takes care of it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok yes, then you will see huge difference in the OEM suspension rod springs kit from AppliancePartsPros.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Billyrgibson

Premium Member
I got the new springs in yesterday and can’t believe how different they are from the ones from Amazon. I put them in and the washer is like new again. Amazon is going to get some really bad reviews on this one. Thanks again fir your help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Billy, glad the hear the new OEM suspension rod springs kit from AppliancePartsPros fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

WasherMan99

Premium Member
How much of a difference do the springs make? I bought Amazon Brand and didn't seem to center the tub at all... do I just need to purchase OEM springs?

amazon.com/gp/product/B07M94VZ2J/

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
They make a huge difference as you can see from many others, send the amazon ones back and get a full refund, then get the OEM rods/spring kit from AppliancePartsPros and it will work perfect.

Jake