MVWX655DW1 Maytag Washer stopped during a cycle, no lights on the control panel

Sheryold

Model Number
MVWX655DW1
Brand
Maytag
I have the MVWX655DW1 Bravos MCT Washer and have had it 4 years. The washer simply stopped during a cycle. Control panel is dead. The outlet is working. I started working on the washer myself and disassembled the control panel. There was a small green light on the back of the control board. I am assuming the control board is bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, That GREEN light on the back of the control board means the control board is getting power. So having that GREEN light ON is good.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, lets check for a error code.

Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

If you are not able to get the machine into diagnostics because the indicator lights on the control panel are not working, then look on Page 3 where it says Unsuccessful Entry
If entry into diagnostic test mode is unsuccessful, refer to the following indication and action:
Indication: None of the LEDs turn on.
Action: Press START button to enter setting mode.
---> If indicators come on, repeat steps 1 through 4 of Activating the Service
Diagnostic Modes. NOTE: Rotating the dial too fast or too slow will affect entry.
---> If no indicators come on after pressing the START button, go to TEST #1, page 12

Jake

Attachments