MWK-25ERN1-MI Heater - air conditioner window unit wouldn't stop, now won't start

Kath K

Premium Member
Model Number
MWK-25ERN1-MI
Brand
I have an Arctic King MWK-25ERN1-MI window unit that is a heater/air conditioner. It started staying on and changing the temperature or turning it off either with the remote or with the buttons didn't work. I tried to unplug it and it turned off, but now doesn't turn on. There is power to the 220 outlet, but I'm not sure how to confirm that it's making it past the plug for the cord. I assume the button on the plug is a surge protector, but am not sure. Is there a way for me to trouble shoot it?

Kath K

Premium Member
I found the type of plug - tandem 230/208v 15 amp - but without the button on the original plug. Does the button on the plug that comes with the heater/AC serve as a surge protector an on/off switch - other? Would there be any danger in replacing the original plug with a simple plug to see if the unit works?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Kath,

I can't pull that model number up anywhere, so I can't tell you without seeing it myself.

Take a photo of it and upload it here.

To upload photos--->Just Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom right side of this Quick Reply editor that we type in, then you will see the MANAGE Attachments Button.

Jake