• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

MWTK30KF Frigidaire Built-in Microwave Trim Kit. Looking for screw sizes

MARC22

Premium Member
Model Number
MWTK30KF
Brand
Frigidaire
I bought this trim kit from Lowe's as a special order return for $2.16. But after I got it home I realized it was missing the screw packet. There are 4 of the "larger" size and 2 "smaller". Anyone have any insight as to the actual sizes?

brooks1877

If you have not already solved this problem I have the same trim kit and I just removed a screw. The four longer screws (2 on top and 2 on bottom) that fasten the trim frame to the wood in the cabinet are exactly 1-3/4 inches long and look like a #6 fine wood thread. They go in at an angle and are black with oval head. I would think anything close would work.