MX25964ST LG Refrigerator not cooling

LBDeano

Model Number
MX25964ST
Brand
LG
So frustrated bought LG MX25964ST French door refrig 8 years ago and now not cooling. Repair man said it compressor/ Sealed system. Could cost $900 +.
I'm so angry!!. I remember my parents having whirpool, Kenmore appliances which lasted 20, 30 years. I feel this is a lemmon,is there a lemmon law for appliances? Have you any other info about this models problems? I paid $2000+ and now it broken down. how can this happen? Do I have anything to back the consumer?anything to back ME up? HELP !!! I dont know what to do OR who to trust !!!
Deano

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
.......appliances which lasted 20, 30 years.
Analog vs digital. Before 1985 analog appliances especially refrigerators were very basic machines and it wasn't uncommon for them to last that long. Then came the age of electronics and computers and saving energy. The trade off is the amount of energy used. Todays appliances use about 5 times less energy than the analog machines but they only last less than half that time. The two worst manufactures of these energy saving machines is LG and Samsung. Check your warranty. Most manufactures have done away with the 5 year warranty on the sealed system except on their high end machines. I don't about LG. I would think for $2K it would have a 5 year warranty on the sealed system. Then again it's LG. LG has several class action suits against them you can check if your model is included. Just search LG class action.

Oops yours is 8 so forget about the warranty.