• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

My Whirlpool Duet steam washer Model WFW9550WR00 fails to wash

piezomotor

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9550WR00
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool Duet steam washer Model WFW9550WR00 fails to wash. symptoms are displayed on this video I made
The door loks, then unlocks and locks again and cycle starts for few seconds then it stops and program witch starts blinking. Originally this issue started intermitently and only with the hot water, with time warm water joined and now it is most of the times does not work with warm and cold setting as well. Any help is really appreciated regarding the troubleshooting and repair!

piezomotor

Premium Member
In addition to that I have found a video how to enter the diagnostic mode on my Whirlpool Duet steam washer Model WFW9550WR00, however I was not able to replicate it, it just would not do it the same way the start button will just activate the washing cycle.

Anyone could suggest how to enter the diagnostic mode on this washer?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, On page 6 get into diagnostics and check for a error code.

If no error code, then do Starting Diagnostic Test Only. Then on Page 7 it steps through the DIAGNOSTIC TEST PROGRAM. See if it goes all the way through it.

Jake

Attachments

• W10217131-revb.pdf
    618.9 KB · Views: 48

piezomotor

Premium Member
Thank you Jake for your prompt reply!
I did the diagnostics and it did show two error codes F06 and F22. However, I did not replace any parts and after this diagnostics, my washer started to work normally. I think that there was just a memory overflow and the diagnostic mode fixed it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
after this diagnostics, my washer started to work normally. I think that there was just a memory overflow and the diagnostic mode fixed it.
Yes, I agree.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

piezomotor

Premium Member
I had the same issue today again. I was trying to open and close the washer door many times, but this did not rectify the issue. But this time during the diagnostic cycle the error code was F26 -door lock switch. After the diagnostic cycle the waster started to work properly again. I have to unplug it from the grid and plug back just to clear the F 26 error code from the washer. If the door lock switch is intermittent, why then the diagnostic cycle would clear the fault?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a good question.

F26--->DOOR SWITCH ERROR
Indicated during Diagnostic Test only. During normal operation, the buzzer beeps three times. If the door has not been opened for 3 consecutive cycles or the door switch is open while the door is locked for more than 5 seconds.
Possible Causes/Procedure
--->Door not opened during 3 consecutive cycles.
1. Open and close the door.
2. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
--->Door switch open while door is locked.
1. Push the door and check if it is completely closed.
2. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
3. Check door switch contacts.
4. The resistance of both door coils (between pin 1 and pin 3) should be approx. 320 Ω.

Here's the door latch switch assembly for your model:
Door Lock WPW10253483

Jake

piezomotor

Premium Member
Hello Jake, just an update. Two weeks ago I purchased the new Door Lock WPW10253483 and installed it. However after the installation the washer did not want to wash at any cycle. I was running the diagnostics and had F26 error code again. After the diagnostics the washer was washing fine for a week and now it just refused to wash again and open the door. I was running the diagnostics again and the error code was F26. Assuming the door lock was new, I plan to return it back and install my old washer door lock. It is clear to me that this issue is not related to the door lock. Can it be related to the CCU control PCB MICROCOMPUTER, Or to the USER INTERFACE, CENTER & RIGHT W10282179? Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, the CCU is no longer available:

I'd check your MCU(Motor Control Board), unplug your washer first, then remove the circuit board from the plastic casing and see if its burnt.

Look here:

Motor Control Board WPW10384846

Jake

piezomotor

Premium Member
Here is the update. I measured and old Door Lock WPW10253483 and the new door lock resistance between the contact 1&3 and it was the same on both 118 Ohm. The manual tells me it should be 320 Ohm. However I instated the old door switch back and returned the new one I purchased. The washer started to work fine after the diagnostics test for two weeks now. I am just wondering if there is an issue in contacts somewhere in CPU control PCB W10251776 WHIRLPOOl WASHER CONTROL BOARD W10251767&?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I am just wondering if there is an issue in contacts somewhere in CPU control PCB Whirlpool WASHER CONTROL BOARD?
Yes, possibly.

Jake