• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Nail Bullets Injur Outer Tub

jolo

Premium Member
imported post

Greetings everyone,

I am out of my element here, but my husband is downstairs right now trying to figure out what to do with the outer shell of our Kenmore 417.43042200. So, I thought I'd do my part and find some assistance online.

Our son forgot to take the nails out of his pants pocket and one of them managed puncture the rear outer tub shell.

Does anyone have any experience replacing this part, or can tell me where to look online for assistance? My husband is a fantastic handyman and although he's never worked on this particular machine, (it's less than a year old) he's repairs and keeps everything running around here. He's looking to see if it can be patched right now while I'm looking for a quick fix online as he's leaving tomorrow for a business trip. Figures! :)

Thanks for any assistance provided. This isour first post. This forum looked like a good one and you all seem to bevery helpful to one another. Blessings! Jolo

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

jolo wrote:
Kenmore [front-load washer model #] 417.43042200... nails managed to puncture the rear outer tub shell.

Does anyone have any experience replacing this part, or can tell me where to look online for assistance?
You can probably find some useful information on at least part of that job in the previous forum message "Drum Gasket and Rear Shell Bearings". The discussion about the bearings themselves can probably be disregarded as they come already installed in the new rear tub.

JFYI

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~

jolo

Premium Member
imported post

Thank you DanO! Your information is most helpful. My husband was able to seal the hole before he left. We've run about 6 loads through and, thankfully,it's not leaking. It may not be the answer for the long haul, but it will enable us to use the washer until we have to buy and install the replacement piece(expensive). I'm going to print out the instructions from the sites you listed and have them on filefor when we need them. I know they will be tremendously helpful when the time comes. Thanks again!

Have a great day!