NAV5805AWW Amana Squeak

AmyFL

Premium Member
Model Number
NAV5805AWW
Brand
Amana
I'm hoping someone can please help. We just moved our amana across the state (on a appliance dolly and upright). It makes this squeaking/rubbing noise only during agitiaton. It's super quiet other times. Help! what should I be doing to figure out what it is. I attached a sound clip of it :D

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Amy,

Can you please update us from last year on your refrigerator we helped you with here: MFI2569VEM1 Maytag french door; lights but no action

Thanks!

The washer noise sounds like its possibly the snubber. If you move your tub back and forth with your hand does it make that same noise?

Jake

AmyFL

Premium Member
Ok, so I moved it back and forth by hand and it does not make the same noise. Any other recommendations?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can tilt the machine back:
tilt.JPG

Then take off the belt, then turn the water pump pulley with your hand both ways, and see if that's where the noise is coming from, if not then turn the motor pulley with your hand both ways, and see if that's where the noise is coming from, then do the same for the bigger transmission pulley, but on that one you need to turn it CLOCKWISE, then you will see the agitate moving back and forth while your turning it.

If it makes that same noise turning the transmission pulley CLOCKWISE then take the upper agitator off, and turn that transmission pulley CLOCKWISE again and see if the noise stops.

Here's the upper agitator for your model:
21001878 Upper Agitator

There is a HOW TO video in the upper agitator part link that shows you how to remove and replace it.

If it still makes that noise with the upper agitator off, then also remove the lower agitator and turn the transmission pulley CLOCKWISE again to see if the noise is still there.

Here's the lower agitator for your model:
Base, Agitator

Let us know what you find.:)

Jake