• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

NE58H9970WS Samsung induction range not holding oven temperature

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look on Page 2 specifications, you can see the difference between those 2 models.:)

Jake

paaschjc

Premium Member
No Jake I think you are mistaken, the model numbers are very close so you may have missed it. The manual you posted is for NE58F9970WS but my model is NE58H9970WS. Mine only has 4 induction burners on the top, not 5. It is a more recent model.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, Oh boy, your correct, sorry about that, just another reason to hate Samsung, I'm sorry to say.:)

No, I don't have anything for NE58H9970WS, you said you got it?

Share it on Google Drive and post the link here.:)

https://www.google.com/drive/

Jake

paaschjc

Premium Member
LOL. NO worries, just couldn't figure out what you meant.
I agree, another reason to hate Samsung. I have lost all faith in their products after this oven fiasco. Lots of bells and whistles on their high priced products but still made out of cheap junk. It's disheartening. Makes you wonder if anybody still makes high quality made to last stuff. I am happy to pay for quality but I don't like the "looks expensive but still junk" deal.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the service manual for my model for free. Didn't want to pay $12 to samsung for the actual service manual. I have given them enough money. Figured since the oven appeared to be the same and frankly the service manual really doesn't have much real content anyway, I would make do. It's been so frustrating trying to figure this out.

There are not that many components to these things and it's not that complicated and yet we can't figure it out. It just doesn't make logical sense so we must be missing something. I don't understand what is happening in terms of the electronics. My hubby is a mechanical engineer and electronics are a whole different ball game. I'm hoping that RIck can shed some light on what is talking to what on this thing. :)

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
paaschjc said:
Lots of bells and whistles on their high priced products but still made out of cheap junk.
LG and Samsung used a pretty good marketing strategy on consumers. Make it pretty and expensive and it will sell. It's a mindset that most people have built in. When I go shopping for something I automatically assume the more expensive it is the better it is. Especially if it's a lot more expensive. I don't assume it's better if the price is higher but close to others but if it's a lot more expensive I assume the reason is, it must be better. Other consumer products are catching on to this strategy.

OK, I had a chance to go over the manual. Here's what I've found:

1- Reading Samsung manuals for longer than a few minutes will give you a severe headache.
2- All the elements are connected to the main board and have a common connection.
3- Both sensors are also connected to the main board.
4- 120 VAC is always present at CN101
5- The SUB PC is connected to the main board CN201 for communication voltage

I mapped out the board and marked all the test points for you. When checking the door, door lock and partition switch (CN702) remove power. Here's another reason to hate Samsung I started mapping this and cross checking between components at 10:30PM and it's now 2:05AM
NE58F9710-NE58F9500.jpg

paaschjc

Premium Member
Thank you so much Rick. I really appreciate all your hard work. I have no idea what to do with this information but I hope my husband can figure it out. We've been busy and now sick so hopefully we will get around to it on the weekend.

Old Fixer

Any fixes for Samsung oven yet

LG and Samsung used a pretty good marketing strategy on consumers. Make it pretty and expensive and it will sell. It's a mindset that most people have built in. When I go shopping for something I automatically assume the more expensive it is the better it is. Especially if it's a lot more expensive. I don't assume it's better if the price is higher but close to others but if it's a lot more expensive I assume the reason is, it must be better. Other consumer products are catching on to this strategy.

OK, I had a chance to go over the manual. Here's what I've found:

1- Reading Samsung manuals for longer than a few minutes will give you a severe headache.
2- All the elements are connected to the main board and have a common connection.
3- Both sensors are also connected to the main board.
4- 120 VAC is always present at CN101
5- The SUB PC is connected to the main board CN201 for communication voltage

I mapped out the board and marked all the test points for you. When checking the door, door lock and partition switch (CN702) remove power. Here's another reason to hate Samsung I started mapping this and cross-checking between components at 10:30PM and it's now 2:05AM
View attachment 32443
:wall: It's been about a year since you posted this information and a testing diagram, but there were no further reports. Your educated guess at that time was that there was something wrong in the broiler heating circuit loop that shut it off after 7 seconds before it could offer any significant reheating. Have you figured a repair or a workaround for this? I was wondering about manually flipping it back to broil to restart it.

scndrl

Premium Member
I found the solution to the oven temperature not holding and taking too long to preheat. After the appliance repair guy gave up and designated out range as unrepairable, The extended warranty paid us out the full price that we had paid for the range, $2800.00 and did not want the range back. I thought, I have nothing to lose and started checking all the wiring and looking at the main board in the back of the range. Low and behold, two wires were attached incorrectly from the factory. Here is the solution. The two wire connector on T503 and T504 needs to be moved to T504 and T505. The single connector on T505 needs to be moved to T503. If you look at the indicators on the board that tell you what the wire colors should be at those terminals, the errors will be obvious. Anyway, I switched the two plugs and everything now works perfectly. Oven heats to 350 in 10 minutes because the broil element was not coming on before. Also there is no longer a temperature drop. I've read countless complaints from people that have the same issues and no apparent fix. Hope someone reads this and it helps solve their oven problems. It sure made me smile!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
We appreciate the information. Thanks! Must have been a friday at the factory....lol

Anna l

Premium Member
I have the NE58H9970WS samsung induction range. Bought March 2016. Oven hasn't worked properly since we bought it. Preheats fine to lets say 425. You then put food in it and temp drops to 350 because door was opened. It quickly regains to about 378 and then just starts dropping again all the way to 350 and after one hour, it has only come back up to 358. We've already replaced the main control board, the sensor and the lower heating element but the problem remains. I can hear the clicking telling the heating element to come on and then it seems to click again right away to turn it back off. The heating element does come on but only for a moment and then gets turned off again. Service technicians can't figure it out.
This does not appear Too be a problem at lower temperatures of let's say 325 or 350.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Also, where could I get a service manual for this model?

Anna l

Premium Member
I'm having the same problem it technician came out last month and said it was normal it is not normal especially when you are baking I called today I have another technician come out I'm tired of this I think I just like to get a new stove but not a Samsung I imagine the people are following my sister also has the same stove and is also noticed that problem too