• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

NE594R0ABS Samsung Range - oven not heating properly

dprocket

Premium Member
Model Number
NE594R0ABS
Brand
Samsung
I have an electric Samsung Oven/Range. Recently, the oven does not heat up well. I tested it recently and turned on the oven. The oven sounded the indicator within about 5 minutes telling me it had reached 350-degrees. However, the temp inside the over was only about 175 degrees. I kept the oven on for about 1 hours and it only reached a temp of about 300 degrees.

I thought maybe the thermostat was bad, and it's easy to replace...so I swapped it out. However, that did not change anything.

I can't seem to find a service manual. It is about 6 years old, and I do not want to spent lots of money on a service call, as it seems all of my Samsung appliances are junk. Any ideas?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

NE594R0ABS
Missing some digits.
I found NE594R0ABSR/AA-00 & NE594R0ABSR/AA-01

I thought maybe the thermostat was bad, and it's easy to replace...so I swapped it out.
The temp sensor you mean?

If the oven temp sensor is ok, oven elements check ok, leaves the control/board as the suspect item.

jeff.

dprocket

Premium Member
Ok, the Model # is NE594R0ABSR /AA.

You are correct. I changed the temp sensor. There was no change. What is the best way to test the oven elements?

The control board seems like a very easy $100 repair. After I rule out the elements, I probably will swap it out.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
What is the best way to test the oven elements?
Ohm meter ( power off and one wire removed from the elements ) will work fine.

A copy:

Checking a range element :

With the element removed from the range, check across the terminals of the element for continuity. Depending on the manufacturer of the element, you will normally read between 19 ohms and 115 ohms, with an ohm meter. To see if the element is grounded, read between each side of the element terminals to the sheath of the element. If you read continuity, the element is grounded and should be replaced.

If needed:

LINK> Bake Element
LINK> Oven control board assembly

jeff.

dprocket

Premium Member
Ok, at this point I've replaced the sensor, the bake element and the main board. I tried it this morning, same issue. I turn on the oven and it takes approximately 4 minutes for it to notify me that it has preheated to 350. However the temperature at this point is barely over 100. Any other ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Jeff is taking time off.

You will need a multimeter to do a volt test at the bake element terminals at the back of your range. Your bake element should be getting 240 volts when you are in the bake cycle, seems like its not getting the FULL 240 volts or it would be heating up to 350 degrees within 15 minutes or so.

Jake

dprocket

Premium Member
Jeff is taking time off.

You will need a multimeter to do a volt test at the bake element terminals at the back of your range. Your bake element should be getting 240 volts when you are in the bake cycle, seems like its not getting the FULL 240 volts or it would be heating up to 350 degrees within 15 minutes or so.

Jake
I used a multimedia tern to test the output from the plug. It's a full 240v.

Since it's getting power from the wall, what could cause the loss of power fat the bake elements?

St this point, Im wondering if I'm better off just replacing it. I have about $220 in repair parts - all returnable) and Black Friday specials for similar (NOT SAMSUNG) for $550.

dprocket

Premium Member
Ok, I got the multimeter out again. I'm definitely getting 240v to the baking element. I can hear the main board clicking when the bake element is cycled. Cycle off: no power. Cycle on: 240v.

But, the oven shows it was at 350 degrees with 3-4 minutes, but it's barely over 100 when it says it has reached 350. It's been on right now about 15 minutes and it's only about 175. I think all the heat is coming from my broiler coils (top) . I don't think the bake elements are heating at all.

I'm using a new bake element. I don't see any way that it's not installed correctly.

dprocket

Premium Member
In doing the tests, I notice I have not heard the convection fan running at all, even though convection baking is the default mode. Wife said she heard a noisy sound from the oven a few weeks ago. Perhaps the convection fan is bad?

Would that explain it not heating up enough or the oven telling me it's 350 even when it's only about 100 degrees?

I guess this is the last major part to replace.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks BB for the wiring diagram!

You mean your getting 240 volts at the bake element terminals but its not heating up? Just the broil element is heating up?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then that bake element is bad, that's all it can be if its getting 240 and its not getting hot.:)

Jeff posted the link to your bake element in post #4 above.

So, where ever you got the new bake element from contact them and say its bad and you have proof, and they will send you another new one free of charge.:)

Jake

dprocket

Premium Member
Ok, I'm at my whit's end.

I replaced the bake element, again. Turned on the oven, and the exact same thing happened. The broiler element comes on. The oven heats, but very slowly and not much. Within 2-3 minutes it tells me that it has reached 350 degrees, even though it's only about 165-170 degrees. I took it apart and removed the bake element (as I'm going to put the original back in). The bake element was warm, so it IS heating some. I could put my hand inside the oven on the bottom and it was not even warm enough to warm through insulated wall.

I'm at a loss. I've replaced the sensor, the mainboard, the bake element. I can't think of what to do next.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Again: Your getting 240 volts at the bake element terminals but its not heating up? Just the broil element is heating up?

The bake element has to be heating full blast if you are getting 240 volts across the heating element terminals.:)

You are verifying that with your volt meter?

Jake

dprocket

Premium Member
The broil element heated full blast. The bake element was getting 240 volts but only got warm. This most recent try results in the bake element getting only warm, defintely not "full blast". When power is getting to the bake element, it's 240 volts. But it seems that possibly something is causing it to cycle off before it should.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, This is a mystery then, you should have constant 240 volts at the bake element terminals.

Where did you get your new oven control board from?

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
You said you already replaced the thermostat #16-1?

Jake

dprocket

Premium Member
No, I have not replaced the thermostat. I have replaced the sensor, the main board, and the bake element. I have not replaced the thermostat or any convection parts.

The main board came from ApplianceRepairPros.com.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, unplug your range and take the wires off that thermostat and ohm test it for continuity. It should located in the back of your oven, behind the back access panel.

Jake

dprocket

Premium Member
Ok, it's been a couple of days. I finally decided to call an appliance repair company. They came out yesterday and spent about 2 hours troubleshooting....doing all the things that I've done already. The tech left stumped, and was going to talk to the company owner. They called back this morning and and said they only thing they can think of is that there is a short in the wiring harness and that is a potential solution. There are no visible burns or anything and all contintuity/resistence test seem to test fine. He was not confident on this being a solution, but mentioned it as a last option that he could think of. I told them I'd call back if I wanted the to try something else.

I can see a new wiring harness runs about $110 --Thoughts on this? is this a simple swapout?