NE595NOPBSR - Induction cooktop - left 2 burners suddenly stopped working

Wellstood

Premium Member
Model Number
NE595N0PBSR
Brand
Samsung
Hi there,

My wife has been using our induction cooktop with the same cookware for the past 4 years. She turned on the left front burner to heat a pan of water (as she does every morning) and we heard a very faint pop, and the burner displayed the circle with line under it (which I believe the manual says is a pan detection error). We have been using the same pots and pans for the past 4 years. We moved the pan to the left back burner and the same error code comes up. The 2 burners on the right side are working fine.
Not exactly sure where to start with troubleshooting. I have done some information hunting on the internet, but can't really find anything of help.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Chris

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I can't find the tech sheet or wiring diagram for that model. Locate your tech sheet an wiring diagram and post a copy here. The problem is most likely the left side inverter module. This machine is a nightmare to diagnose and repair.

Samsung had so many problems with the inverter modules they discontinued them and they are no longer available:

My advice is to take the top off and look for something obvious. If you heard a "pop" there's a good chance it left a mark somewhere. It could be a burned wire but I doubt it.

Wellstood

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

I pulled the top of the stove and could not see anything obvious. It looked to me as though the two inverter modules live directly under the cooktop, and they both looked fine. I noticed that the module had a 25A @ 250V ceramic fuse, which stupidly, I didn't test. My thinking at the time was that a fuse wouldn't make a popping sound, but in retrospect, I should have tested the fuse.
I was not able to locate a tech sheet or wiring diagram in any of the documentation that came with the stove.
I'm guessing that the left side of this stove is permanently done (given that the part is no longer available).
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to the question. Is there a protocol on this forum for thanking techs that have taken the time to comment?
Chris

rickgburton

Staff member
Hi Chris, I'm about 98% positive it's that ceramic fuse. If it's open get some spares. That's one of the problems Samsung had with those inverters. Don't be surprised if it goes out again. If that fuse is open you'll need to check elements thermal fuse. I'll see if I can find a diagram. Stand by

Wellstood

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

I pulled the top off the stove, and pulled the ceramic fuse. It is in fact blown. I took a look for the "elements thermal fuse" but without knowing what to look for, or where, I wasn't able to locate the thermal fuse. I should have taken pictures of the elements with the top off. I will do so now, and report back momentarily.

Chris

Wellstood

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

I've got myself some replacement fuses and I will try replacing this weekend. But from looking at the repair tip sheet that bigbuck sent, it looks as though this fuse will just blow again immediately?
Although, I am not getting an error code on the display, as indicated in the Repair Tip sheet.
I will report back.

Chris

rickgburton

Staff member
I don't think it will. That's another problem all together. Remember, there were many.....lol

Wellstood

Premium Member
This weekend, I replaced the fuse. When I plugged the unit back in, loud pop, and everything on the stove was out. I haven't explored anymore. I think she's dead?

rickgburton

Staff member
You might be right. At least you tried. Good job! Since most of the parts are no longer available there might be a market for the parts that are still good. You can put a post in the "Buy, Sell or Trade" forum.

rickgburton

Staff member
If I ever make it up north you can buy me a Molson Golden Ale ..........Mmmm..... Molson!