NED7200TW Amana Dryer. Heard a "thump" when starting dryer, now drum isn't spinning at all

ThelmaLou

Premium Member
Model Number
NED7200TW
Brand
Amana
The front panel is working fine when I try to set the time/temperature, etc...I pushed the button to start and heard a thump or pop. I opened the dryer to look and saw nothing unusual. I pressed to start again, but the drum wouldn't turn. When I push the start button, I can hear a faint "click", but no rotation. What now?

BTW, when I put my hand in the dryer, I can spin the drum around with my hand, so it's not stuck or anything.

Lisa

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Lisa,

Possibly the control board went out, you should have a tech. data sheet inside the dryer.

Here's the control board for your model:
35001153 Control Board

I'm attaching the online tech. data sheet below.

Will Not Run
Will not start or run:
• All wires are hooked up to their corresponding terminals.
• Dryer is plugged in.
• Blown fuse or circuit breaker.
• Door switch functional...door closed. Check for diagnostic code 3.
• Start/Pause switch functional.
• Control Board operational.
• Drive motor functional.
• Check motor Winding Resistance: 2.88Ω between Pin #3 and 4, 3.5Ω between Pin #4 and 5 are normal status. (±5% 25°C basis)

Jake

Attachments

ThelmaLou

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake!
The Tech Sheet mentions the service manual for disassembly instructions. Where can I get this service manual? Will I (or my husband in this case!) be going into the dryer from the front? Where inside the dryer is the tech data sheet, or is that irrelevant since you posted it here? If the control board is the problem, can the control board usually be repaired, or does the whole part have to be purchased? Thanks!
Lisa

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'll need to ask Rick if he has the service manual for this model.

Where inside the dryer is the tech data sheet, or is that irrelevant since you posted it here?
Its usually located in the bottom of the dryer or in the control console.

If the control board is the problem, can the control board usually be repaired, or does the whole part have to be purchased?
No, it can't be repaired as far as I know, you'd need to order the new one I posted the link to above.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Rick doesn't have it, and come to find out the tech. data sheet says to use service manual #16025911 for dis-assembly, so I will attach it below.

Jake

Attachments