• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Need Advise On ALL Parts Needed To Ship/Secure Tub Please and

TxPatriot

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Moving long distance next month.
Have a bag of parts - but seem to be missing some items; :eek: I have the bolts, but threw away the orange plastic parts that go over the bolts, :mad: so are the shipping bolts #1557863 the correct ones?

2. Seems to me there are other parts needed to secure tub. :confused:
For example, I recall throwing away a wire cable away last year...Is this the clamp to secure to the tub? It looks like that wire cable goes to one of the shipping bolts to the outer tub. Item # 1059565

What else will I need to buy? Rubber washers, Hose Clamp, etc?

3. While I am asking about this. what tool do I need to remove the panel screws to drain the trap inside? It has some clothing inside it rotting and molding.

4. When I use the touch-up paint, do I need to use sandpaper first to remove some of the rust and smooth it out a bit so paint will adhere better?

Thank you so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, you don't need to worry about anything other than the orange shipping bolts.

Manufacturer part number W10289554 is RepairClinic item number 1557863

What else will I need to buy? Rubber washers, Hose Clamp, etc?
No, aren't you taking the fill hoses with you? and the drain hose?

While I am asking about this. what tool do I need to remove the panel screws to drain the trap inside? It has some clothing inside it rotting and molding.
You need a torx head screwdriver, I believe its a T-20 or T-15.

When I use the touch-up paint, do I need to use sandpaper first to remove some of the rust and smooth it out a bit so paint will adhere better?
Yes, use sandpaper first.

Jake
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->