Need an expert!!!

dveronda

Premium Member
My electric oven went out on my 17-18 year old DCS/GE Monogram range. model ZDP36N4RWSS
GE repair told me its the thermostat control. And they don't carry them anymore. This is a $3500 range.
The required thermostat control is a WB21X5358. Everywhere I look the part is 'out of stock'. I've looked and I can't find one.......
All I want is a working oven, maybe also a broiler. My broken DCS/Monogram at one time gave me oven, a fan, broiler, cleaning.
I would give anything for a therm controller that would just give me the oven.
Any replacement thermostats that will work on this thing?

Has anyone been in this position before and found an adequate solution/replacement control for the oven
I sure would appreciate any information.

dveronda

Premium Member
I've been told that the therm. controller can't be repaired. I checked with a guy who repairs them.
The part this guy has listed looks ok but I can't get any information from him about it. He's a pay your money and see what happens kinda vendor.
The part listed is about 4 times the amount of the original part.
I frankly don't trust this Ebay vendor.
Thanks for taking the time to look.
I was thinking of a basic thermostat that I could plug in, maybe/probably not giving me all the options. I basically just want an oven.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking of a basic thermostat that I could plug in, maybe/probably not giving me all the options. I basically just want an oven.
That can be done....don't ask as I have no first hand info on the wiring in the unit but removing it all and adding a manual clean control is possible.

Shaft may be too short, but an idea of an "universal" style.

Temperature-Control-Thermostat-WPY00206900-00870695.jpg Oven thermostat - electric

Also have a peek at some of these ones.

What we normally do is ignore the old way it was wired and just wire up the way the new control needs.

jeff.