• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Need fault codes for SHE3AR52UC/14

cooldav69

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR52UC/14
Brand
Bosch
I have lights blinking on my Bosch Dishwasher SHE3AR52UC/14 and it's not even Christmas.

NOTE: This model does NOT have a display, just lights.

I cannot find either in my house or online the data/spec sheet that came with the dishwasher. If anyone has one for this particular machine it might help. I've looked on this site and have found several post that closely relate to this issue, but they have not helped.

Now for the technical stuff. I will try and be as detailed as possible, but I still want have a clue. Some kind-hearted soul on here helped me get my washing machine working (d/w and w/m went out at the same time) after a power outage.

I cannot at this time remove the d/w from the under the counter without major difficulties, so I am trying to do everything I can without attempting a removal.

There is power to the d/w. When I push On the lights on the front start blinking, which would be normal, but I can't change any of the settings.

Push On/off button
Lights Blinking: Sanitize, Auto Wash, Rinse Aid
Start Button does nothing.
Holding the Start Button for 3 secs...appears to do nothing
Delay Start -- displays the 3 hour light when held and goes out as soon as I release the button
The Left and Right Arrows do nothing
The Sanitize light glows steady while pressing the Sanitize button, goes back to flashing after releasing the button.

This is the only thing I know about getting into the programming.
Turn the d/w off
Press and hold any 2 buttons Arrow button, Delay Wash button, Sanitize button while turning the d/w on
Use the Left Arrow to change programs and the Right Arrow to select the program.
The program Lights are Heavy Wash, Auto Wash, Half Load. For some reason it seams to skip Normal Wash or maybe this is also a problem? The Normal Wash light is between the Auto and Half.

The lights it shows depending on the program selected...remember I don't know which program is which, just the position of the lights.

After any 2 of the above buttons are pushed and the d/w is turned on...
Heavy Wash Blinks - Auto Wash Steady
Pressing the Left Arrow 1 time
Heavy Wash Steady
Auto Wash Steady
Heavy Wash Steady, Auto Wash Steady
Heavy Load Steady, Half Load Steady
Auto Wash Steady, Half Load Steady
Heavy Wash Steady, Auto Wash Steady, Half Load Steady
Pressing the Left Arrow Key 1 time
It goes back to the first set of blinking lights at the top and continues to scroll through the above as the Left Arrow button is pressed.

cooldav69

Premium Member
I was going through the different programs and got stopped after I activated Program 3. I now have a Steady Clean Light and a Blinking Rinse Aid light. The only button that appears to work now is the On/Off button. I have tried leaving it off for a while and retarting...same lights. I have turned the breaker off and back on...same lights. I cannot get back into the programming.
I went from one problem to another.

cooldav69

Premium Member
I'll read through these and see what I can come up with. Hopefully I'll get it back to it's original problem or better yet, fix it.
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep you posted.

cooldav69

Premium Member
Jake,

Those were fantastic. I'm still not sure why I have a Steady Clean light, but after reading the manuals it gave me a better understanding of what I'm looking at.
First I'm going to check continuity on the door switch. The fault code is a Blinking Clean light, but I might as well check it. And while I have the door panel off I'll check the rest of the connections as well.

I'll check through the forum and see if I can find a reference to the Steady Clean Light and no function.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, glad to help, Jeff is our Bosch expert here.:)

Jake

cooldav69

Premium Member
Never found anything referring to the Steady Clean light. So my next step is to tear the d/w apart. This is the part I was dreading. Somehow I got the d/w in past the counter top and tile floor, but am having a tough time getting it back out. Time for some tile work, unless someone has an idea?

The feet are all the way in. I was thinking about extending the feet all the way out, cutting them, try to get the d/w out without the feet, then reinstalling the feet if I put it back under the counter.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't have any work experience on Bosch dishwashers, but when I worked at Sears I had to help my LEAD tech pull a Bosch dishwasher out, It was a nightmare to say the least.

So you may want to get a helper to pull it out.:)

Jake

Amylea910

CoolDav69... I realize your post was from a year ago, but I found it bc I did the same thing you did! The manual for special programs clearly says “don’t run the programs with the +”.... well- I ran program 3 “endurance run+” AND— now my DW is stuck with AUTO (solid), CLEAN (solid), RINSE AID (flashing). Did you ever find a way out of this stuck mode?? I was running the codes bc I had the lightning strike issue (that Jeff posted manual links in response to). LUCKILY for me, BEFORE I got everything stuck, i was able to (I think) diagnose that I needed a new power module. So- that’s on order. Just wondering if you ever got yours out of “stuck on stupid” (that what I’m calling it...or me lol) from running program 3!! If anyone else knows how to fix my Bosch issue... I’d love some help!! Thanks!!

PitRick

I realize that this is like ...years later and way too long :(, but wanted to shout out a big 2020 thank you for this post.

My long tale of woe and misery went sort of like this... :
(spoiler alert, because of this and my exceptionally hard learned bonus lesson At the bottom!, all is well again in dishwasher_land :)
1. our Bosch SHE3AR52UC Ascenta dishwasher started acting wonky, I.e., there was water in the machine at the end of the cycle...
2. through the wonders of the internet and YouTube, I learned how to get the screen cleaned, the drain cover removed, and the bonus gunk out from the impeller for the drain motor.
That gave me a false sense of pride and mastery of the universe for a week or so...,

until...:((

The cursed ‘brp’, ‘brp’, ‘brp’ of “it won’t drain, or even start again was heard...

ok,
3. so, what the #$!%#@!!! is wrong with this piece of least cost engineering I shelled out $$$ for??
4. back to YouTube...

5. One really helpful how to replace your drain pump video and replacement pump later, I learned that:
(this is where you get laugh and learn from the amateur,..)

@
A. You should probably start by looking at the video to learn how to remove the part properly...and
You should likely inspect the part for mechanical and electrical problems before ordering a new replacement piece...
in my case, that meant that I could have discovered right then that when the impeller has a bunch of butchers twine wrapped around the shaft, that is probably NOT a good thing!
Btw, 20 minutes with a dental pick Is pretty much what it tookto free up all the threads and gunk that was the source of my misery.

B. If you do buy a replacement part, make sure the durn thing isn’t damaged... I bought locally, but didn’t inspect it before coming home:(, we can blame covid but that would be cheating.

when I saw that the first part had a broken mounting bit on the motor case, I went and got a replacement;
when I got home and saw that there was another piece of busted plastic 😭... the clip for the housing this time, I told myself that you won’t fool me three times...!,! From now on bring the old part in and make sure the new one is actually new and fully intact...

C. AND THIS IS PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE
- if you bend the electrical connector contact When you unplug and plug the wiring harness clips back in, the machine will not work, you will get a totally different and weird non-functioning behaviour pattern (in this case, the cursed thing starts, the solenoid for the float clicks over, but the pump does nada, and the machine immediately ends the cycle, displaying ‘Clean’)
BEFORE YOU BLOW UP AND GO BUY A NEW MACHINE...:
- should the error codes display a pump fault (- DID I THANK YOU FOR SHARING THE GUIDE ABOVE THAT TOLD ME HOW TO DISPLAY AND READ THE CODES OFTEN ENOUGH?)
- there was a general pump fault which led to to carefully look at the connector and have my AHA/EUREKA! moment)
IMPORTANT DIY LIFE LESSON - check to see if you haven’t kinked the electrical contact on the connector like I did...

CODA:
5 minutes with a magnifying glass and some real fine needle nose pliers later...
- the electrical connector is now normal,
- the machine is happily humming through its first new and improved cycle, and
- if you made it this far, I hope you are hopefully entertained and all the wiser for my experience.

Cheers,

R