Need Parts List or Model Number for 1960s Hotpoint Range 208RUB-15B

al08002

Premium Member
Model Number: 208RUB-15B
Brand: Hotpoint

My parents have a 1960s Hotpoint electric range Cat. No. 208RUB-15B I need help finding the corresponding model number or parts list. I am looking to replace the infinite switch for one of the 6 inch burners. With the older Hotpoint ranges the only information on the range is the Cat. No. and Serial No. I appreciate any help.
Thanks!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
208RU-15B is a 1961 Hotpoint cooktop

1960s Hotpoint electric range Cat. No. 208RUB-15B
The closest model I could find was just 208RU-15B.

The element switches used on 208RU-15B are all the same. The original part number was 326613 and was substituted to GE # WB22X5006 which looks to have been discontinued for years. I don't know where you'll find one, sorry. If you could post some details photos of the original switches, maybe something current could be used in place? A photo of its terminals and any numbering on it might help. Maybe also a pic of the wiring diagram as well.

Alternately, since all the switches used are suppose to be same, they should be interchangeable. A couple of switches should be able to be swapped for convenience if one element is used more frequently than one of the others.

Dan O.

al08002

Premium Member
Thanks for the information. There is only one switch that is really working so interchanging them is not an option. I would really appreciate any other help or suggestions. Attached are some pictures of the switch.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Rewire to use infinite heat switches?

I would really appreciate any other help or suggestions.
That may be a 5 or 7 heat switch as they're often referred to. Those switches control 3 wires going to the elements instead of the more modern element switches that only have 2 wires to each element.

It is possible to install newer infinite heat switches in place of 5 or 7 heat switches but it requires installing a jumper on each element to convert from 3-wire hookup to just 2 wire. Conversion is really a job for someone that knows what you're doing. Depending on the numbering on the original knobs, those might need to be changed too to correspond to the functioning of the new swtich.

Here's an example of a newer universal infinite heat switch.

LINK > GE WB21X5243 Universal Infinite Heat Switch

Otherwise all you can do is periodically search eBay for someone selling used switches # 326613 or WB22X5006.

Dan O.