Need service and wiring sheet or diagnostic procedure for Maytag MRT311FFFZ00 with Athena control board

scott@aobe.com

Premium Member
Model Number
MRT311FFFZ00
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag MRT311FFFZ00 and the service and wiring sheet "W10737602 A" provided with the refrigerator is not the right one for this model.

If anyone can provide a copy of the service and wiring sheet or the diagnostic procedure I would greatly appreciate it.

The service and wiring sheet shows the control board is the "Hercules". But the control board in the refrigerator is labeled "Athena". W10908179110S68215110874 ATHENA M16 PIRA XL

Therefore the service and wiring sheet procedure for diagnostics is not applicable to this model - the freezer is frosting up and I have replaced the control board which made no difference.

I have checked the defrost heater at 36 ohm and ran a manual check where it heated. It does defrost some but acts like the defrost is not running long enough, or the temperature sensors are not working correctly.

I have checked the thermistors at room temp and in ice water but have no reference as to what the readings should be.

I have replaced the control board which made no difference. (the part replacement guessing game is expensive.)

I know someone who has the Whirlpool equivalent and their sheet supplied with the refrigerator is wrong as well.

I have contacted Maytag directly but their phone support response is "the sheet is only provided to authorized Maytag repair people" which is simply not true as one is provided with every appliance. I don't know why Maytag would not support their customers.

I did find a service and wiring sheet "W10872099 A" for a Whirlpool that shows the "Athena" control board but the described procedure for entering diagnostics did not work on my model.