Need to repair or replace Samsung AM26B1C13

bkessler826

Model Number
AM26B1C13
Brand
Samsung
Greetings All, I just registered & this is my first post. I have a wall air-conditioner, Samsumg AM26B1C13 that no longer works. The overall system has an outside condenser, and two wall units, of which one works fine and the other does not. If I need to replace it, I'd like to know if any Samsung model would be compatible.

The problem is this: the unit turns on just fine, the diverter flap opens up, and it starts to blow cool air --> for about ~20~30 seconds. Then it beeps, turns off, and the flap starts to close, most of the way, stuttering along the way. When this happens, the "baby's head" selection lamp lights up and blinks. The user's manual calls this indicator "NATURE" mode --> "Reducing the uncomfortable temperature gradually", but the unit really does stop operating. It then needs to be turned off with the remote, but turning it on again and again always results in the same result.

We knew this unit was already old when we bought the house, so even though my first choice is to repair it, if it can't be repaired, I'd like to know if there is any other replacement unit that will be compatible with this system.

Your kind advice will be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I have a wall air-conditioner, Samsumg AM26B1C13
That appears to be what is called a "mini-split" a/c.

I'm afraid I do not know what is causing your symptom but if it is cooling at all, it may be worth having repair. You may however need to call in a professional technician to diagnose the problem for you.

I'd like to know if any Samsung model would be compatible.
The whole thing (inside and out) would likely need to be replaced if not repairable. I'm sure Samsung or any other manufacture of such units would make a suitable replacement. That one looks to be a 26,000 BTU model but could be replaced with slightly less or more BTW.

LINK > 24,000 BTU Multi Mini Split Air Conditioners

Dan O.