• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Need wiring diagram for older Kenmore/sears upright coldspot freezer

Recon2it

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have on older Sear/Kenmore 17.1 cubic foot upright coldspot freezer that needs a new defrost timer. The new replacement timer, part# 482493 is a universal whirlpool timer. The instruction that came with it indicate three different ways to hook it up, depending on how the freezer is wired. The instructions suggest comparing it with the wiring diagram of the freezer for proper hook up. The problem I have is my wiring diagram has long been torn off the back of the unit. I have no owners manual or any tech data sheet. Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram/manual for this unit or instructions on the proper way it need to be hooked up? The wire colors currently hooked to the original defrost timer terminals are: 1-black, 2-pink, 3-white, 4-orange. Any info would be beneficial.

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Recon2it

Premium Member
Follow-up to my original post. In the instructions, under "Note", it said if one of the wires was white then it will be a "Continuous run application" and to hook it up as such. With a little testing, I found my freezer wires to be: 1-black (power), 2-pink (defrost heater), 3-white (common) 4-orange (thermostat/compressor). The loose black timer motor lead was attached to terminal#1 per the instructions. This lead supplies the little timer motor with power.

Sears did not have any information as it had all been purged

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sears did not have any information as it had all been purged
Crap! :(

jeff.