• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Neptune MLE2000AYW - Works but stops between cycles

Christie

Premium Member
Thank you! But, does that mean I have to buy another electronic control because it probably burned out again since the real problem - the wax motor - wasn't fixed? Or, should my replaced (and already installed) electronic control be okay still?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The electronic control may still be fine, but you can look at it to see if any resistors on that board look fried.

Jake

dlaures1

Premium Member
Christie
Can you provide more details about what the wash machine is doing when it stops? how long does it run before it stops?
where in the cycle does it stop, is water flowing into the machine?

Christie

Premium Member
Jake, Thank you, thank you, thank you! You fixed the problem! My Maytag Neptune washer works again. We ordered the "kit" -replaced the wax motor - and now the stackable washer works perfectly. Thanks for saving me from having to buy a new washer and dryer!
Christie

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Christie, good job.:)

Jake

amahler

Premium Member
Whoa! I am the original poster who started this thread some years ago. I kept tabling the repair due to lack of time and not wanting to get sucked into the $$$ and project "right now"... "just keep putting up with the button pushing for a bit longer".

Tonight I took time to start looking into the problem again, found my original post in a Google search and all of these continued discussions in the years since. I was floored when I saw the discussion about the clogged hose filters since that fit our symptoms so perfectly (and I'd checked the main board some years back to find no obvious burns or resistor problems).

Figuring I had nothing to lose, I took off the hoses and cleaned all the filters, most especially the two on the intakes for the machine (the cold water one was exceedingly gunked up).

Our third load of laundry tonight is now running with nothing more than the single push of the button needed to start the process (we're literally scrounging for dirty laundry at this point just to test it and enjoy the novelty of unattended washing).

It has literally been years of frustration with loads of laundry taking hours when you'd forget to check to see if it had stopped so you could push the button... again... and again.

Thanks so much - I doubt I would have ever put this together!
- Aaron

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job on yours too, I never really ran into this issue here in Oregon or I would have had you check that first, all the fixes I did were with the replacing the main control board and wax motor kit as Christie did above.

Jake

Thank you so much for this thread! Right before Christmas the water pump went, then the furnace, then the furnace died to the point of no return so you can imagine my dismay when the washer stopped draining properly. Alas, as I said, the water pump in the house was recently fixed which required dropping it back into the well and kicking up a ton of sediment for a couple of weeks. Why I was never told, "Hey, make sure to clean the filter points on your washer!" I have no idea, but this fixed the problem. Thank you so much!

jamesng

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
I have a Maytay stacked washer/dryer Model number MLE2000AYW, Serial Number 59864004AT. It just tumble but doesn't spin during the spin stage. I replaced the wax motor and still doesn't work. Sear technician said the Motor and Motor board need to replace. I am thinking to do this my self. Do you know which motor kit is good for my model? Also is it hard to replace myself?

Thanks for you help!
James

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi James,

Did the tech actually look at your main control board for burned spots on it? If not, you need to do that first.

Unplug or turn the breaker off to your stackable, and its located at the top of your dryer, under the top dryer panel.

Here's the repair manual for your Neptune Stackable you can print out:
www.applianceblog.com/manuals/MaytagNeptuneStack.pdf

Here's the main control board for your model:
Manufacturer part#WP22004325

If that looks fine, then here's the motor conversion kit for your model you can order here:
12002039 Motor-Drve

Comes with complete instructions.

Jake

jamesng

Premium Member
Thanks for the information! Before I scheduled the Sear Technician, I already check the main board and replace the was motor. They are all good.
Is replacing the motor and motor board control easy to do? Doesn't it require any special tool? Any similar video link will help.

Also, do you think I should replace the belt as well?

Thanks
James

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No special tools required to installed the new motor conversion kit.

It may not be a bad idea to change the belt as well: 12001788 Kit, Belt & Isolator

I'm attaching the new motor conversion kit instructions, take your time and read each step carefully, you need to have full concentration and focus on doing this install per the instructions.:)

Jake

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok James sounds good.

Jake

DLC restore

Premium Member
Maytag washer & dryer combo Model MLE2000AYW serial # 4986517777 Problem we are having. turn on starts filling, & then after a 1.5 min. it shuts down. replaced wax switch, & the timer, but still have the same problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look at post #17 and post #18.

---->low water flow due to sediment build up in screens inside of water hoses.

The water needs to have good water pressure into the machine, so it does not timeout and shut off.

Take the fill hoses off and check your water inlet valve screens for sediment build-up.

Jake

DLC restore

Premium Member
Jake, how long is it suppose to take to fill the drum? As I stated I timed to only stay on for 1min. & 30 sec. & then it shuts down.
Lee

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

Jake