• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED New control board on GE dryer GTD75ECPL0DG programmed with wrong Model Code. How to reprogram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liamp

Premium Member
Model Number
GTD75ECPL0DG
Brand
GE
I have a GE dryer model GTD75ECPL0DG. It stopped working and I had a service man come out and he stated it was the main board that went out. Which I find sad since it is only 2 years old.
He ordered a new part WE04X29098 and put the board back in.

The problem is the wifi and steam refresh are not working... After doing some troubleshooting with GE nothing seemed to work to fix the problems. I found that on the replacement sheet they had only two model codes GTD65 (01) and GTX65 (02)

So it looks like the repairman put the wrong Model code it. It is a GTD75 that requires a 03 code.

Is there a way to get back into programming mode so I can change the model code to the correct one? I tried to Simultaneously press TEMP and LEVEL. but that did nothing. I also pushed start/pause and turned the knob counter clockwise and was able to see a T01 but I cannot program or change anything.

Thank you for any help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look at what I mentioned here:
Unplug the dryer, then Get the instructions out from the console like Rick mentioned in post #5 here:

Then follow the instructions to reset the personality of your dryer. That dryer in that thread was 2, but that was for GTD72G see what it says for GTD72E

Let us know how it goes.

Jake
Let us know how it goes.

Jake

liamp

Premium Member
Look at what I mentioned here:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake
I already have the sheet from the back and followed what was on the paper but the problem is that mine was already programmed wrong. So I am not starting from the blinking leds. Now it won’t let me “re-program”. I need to know how to get it to “flash” again to program correctly.

liamp

Premium Member
I already have the sheet from the back and followed what was on the paper but the problem is that mine was already programmed wrong. So I am not starting from the blinking leds. Now it won’t let me “re-program”. I need to know how to get it to “flash” again to program correctly.
I should add it says to push TEMP AND LEVEL buttons but that didn’t put it back into program mode. Thanks for the reply

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

liamp

Premium Member
OK I found the correct way to get back in.
First you HOLD Start button for 3 seconds THEN you turn the knob counter clockwise 180 degrees. Then you press start THEN you hold down TEMP and LEVEL button.

But now I have a problem. Since it is a new board it has a new MAC address and new wifi password. But no where is it written on the sheet that came with the board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
OK I found the correct way to get back in.
First you HOLD Start button for 3 seconds THEN you turn the knob counter clockwise 180 degrees. Then you press start THEN you hold down TEMP and LEVEL button.
Glad to hear that.(y)

But now I have a problem. Since it is a new board it has a new MAC address and new wifi password. But no where is it written on the sheet that came with the board.
Connect the place where you got the board from and tell them that's missing. You would think the password would be the default password when you bought the dryer new?

Jake

liamp

Premium Member
Nothing else in the box. The password and MAC address changed due to the board being replaced. I called GE and they were able to give it to me. So finally working.
Next time I am doing the work myself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.