• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

New Frigidaire Refrigerator LFHG2251TF6 - Condenser Fan Blade Fell Off

Mr Weekend

Premium Member
Model Number
LFHG2251TF6
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi, a few months ago I replaced an old refrigerator with a new Frigidaire model LFHG2251TF6 (french door fridge on top style). It's worked fine until last night when I heard a loud humming/grinding noise, and excessive heat around the unit, including the bar on the front between the fridge and freezer. I don't know much about refrigerators but figured I could check for any obvious problems.

Opening the panel on the back, I noticed the condenser fan blade wasn't even on the condenser motor shaft, it was just laying next to it. I slid it back on, but was a little surprised there wasn't a nut or a cap or something to hold the fan blade onto the motor shaft. It feels like it's on there securely, and the problem hasn't recurred in the last 12 hours. I am concerned though it will just happen again. Might anybody know if there's something (a nut?) that normally holds the condenser fan blade in place?

Thank you!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
That blade looks to be just press fit. They don't usually just fall off. Evaporator fan blades have been that design for decades without problems.

Since it is less than a year old and still under warranty, if you contact Frigidaire they might send you a new fan in case the centre hole in yours might be slightly worn and a bit loose.

JMO

Dan O.