• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

New icemaker, no water

scottaj

Model Number
ed5phexrq00
Brand
Whirlpool
I know this question has been asked over and over again, but rather than going thru everything that looks promising, I'll start a new one-We just installed a new icemaker from repairclinic part number 4317943, there is water thru the door but no water to to the icemaker. Dbl checked the installation of icemaker, it seems good. I've read there's a black fill tube that may be frozen, I've looked and am not sure where I would find that. We had the icemaker replaced about a year ago by an appliance guy, as a replacement of another icemaker he installed. After the second new icemaker, we were getting over-flowing ice, cubes stuck together, partial cubes, etc. Then it just stopped working altogether. Rather than calling him and spending more money on an older fridge, we decided to do it ourselves.
So, the filter isn't clogged, water pressure to fridge hasn't changed, new icemaker, but no water feeding to it. This is driving us crazy! Any help woulld be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, on your model you don't have the black rubber fill tube that comes down from the freezer ceiling, your fill tube is in the very back of your ice maker its #2 here: Icemaker parts for Whirlpool ED5PHEXRQ00 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Make sure that isn't clogged with ice, you'll need to remove the ice maker to check it.

Ice in that fill tube can be hidden way up in the fill tube, I usually use a hair dryer and a turkey baster or ear wax removal squirter to flush hot water up in the fill tube as well.

Has your new ice maker even cycled yet? Some take up to 72 hours to start cycling and fill with water.

Jake