New LFXS28968S water tastes bad

atldrewlg

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXS28968S
Brand
LG
Replaced a 12 year old GE where the water coming from dispenser tasted good. After installing the new LG fridge and new filter? Horrible tasting water. Changed metal supply hose to pvc - still bad. Water coming out of supply valve? It tastes like it's coming out of garden hose and that's what it tastes like coming through fridge. Pretty much like brand new filter is doing nothing or it's bypassed. When I pull it out no water dribbles out and it's dry at filter connector.

I've ordered new filters but what am I missing? :wall:

Replace valve? Filter problem?

Attachments

atldrewlg

Premium Member
I also note that water is still available, even with the filter removed - shouldn't I need a filter plug for that to work? That seems odd to me.

atldrewlg

Premium Member
oh, and when I remove the filter, it's dry, with no water in it and no water dripping out of connector. I scheduled warranty service.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you definity have a problem with it, hopefully there is a LG tech in your area to do warranty work, and you won't have to wait a week to 10 days for him/her to come out.

Jake

atldrewlg

Premium Member
I think I figured it out. I received a third party filter and twisted it a number of times and it finally popped into place. Water hissed and popped indicating it was flowing through filter for first time. Cautiously optimistic.

In short: user error.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When a refrigerator is brand new it should come with the new OEM water filter as well. You shouldn't have to buy a brand new water filter on a brand new refrigerator.:)

Your new refrigerator didn't come with a new water filter?

Here's the OEM water filter for your model:
ADQ36006101 Water Filter Assembly

Jake