• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

New MEDB765FW0 Maytag dryer stuck on "sensing" won't heat

Akersmomma

Model Number
MEDB765FW0
Brand
Maytag
Hello we got this Maytag dryer in the last year or so and it was working perfectly and then one day I noticed it wasn't heating and then j realized the sensing light was always on and the dryer would cut off before it was supposed to .

I took the back vent thing off and cleaned it best I could and reattached then went inside the drum and cleaned down inside the lint trap as best I could and then I read about using rubbing alcohol on the sensor inside and i tried that too and it seemed to take the sensing light off but only for about 30 min and now it's.eight back on again and not heating I've tried every setting the dryer has and am just baffled.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Disconnect power from the dryer and remove the lower access panel and ohm test the thermal cut-off and high-limit thermostat. There are located on the heating element housing.

Here's the thermal cut-off and high-limit thermostat for your model together in 1 kit:
279973 Thermal Cut Off Kit

ldrwp4r-panel-off2.jpg

There are two clips to be pressed in about 4 inches in from the side at the top of the panel. Press on these clips with a putty knife, pull out on the panel and lift it off a couple clips it mounts on.

Watch this video to ohm test them:

Jake