• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

New to buying fridges and can't make up my mind on two brands GE profile & Kitchenaid

ssmokeyy

Premium Member
Model Number
PFE28KYNFS
Brand
GE
So I have a problem with ocd and never being happen until I spend way to many hours on something. I was in a local freds and picked out new fridge stove and dishwasher and when I got home found that salesmen was wrong about the fridge being a dual evaporator system. I started at wanting to buy all bosch but when I would out they don't have a full size dual evap fridge I had to look at other brands and at that point I picked 3 brands to buy. Kitchenaid fridge, ge profile induction stove and bosch 800 series with benchmark upgrades.

So I called the salesmen up and he said he was sorry and that he would change the order to a ge profile PFE28KYNFS for no cost. The kitchenaid fridge is krff507hps and it does not have dual evaporator system. Is one of the brands better than the other? Is dual evaporators a huge upgrade? salesmen says the kitchenaid is one of there top 3 fridges not sure if he's just trying to sell me on it. The ge profile PFE28KYNFS looks like a nice fridge with everything we want just worried about quality.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Both are good machines. What it comes down to is energy. The difference between dual evaporator and single evaporator is the dual evaporator uses less energy. How much? Not much.

ssmokeyy

Premium Member
I'm going to go with he ge profile. No one posted major problems with the ge brand so that's good news.