• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED New WLP Model WFC150M0EB Poor Performance?

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Model Number
WFC150M0EB
Brand
Whirlpool
Jake:

My coworker bought one of these for her church. It is an electric stove. She said it takes forever to even boil water. I've been reading that some of these have a "reduced power" mode when the elements get too hot?

It's brand new, so she's going to have to check a few things. Someone reused the old cord from the previous oven, and I downloaded the book for the new oven and told her that she has to get a cord that matches the specs shown in the book. I wouldn't think the cord is putting it into "reduced power" model, what do you think?

Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't think the cord is putting it into "reduced power" model, what do you think?
No, a 3 prong cord will work on a range designed to use the 4 prong cord. The difference is a 4 prong cord has a separate ground wire. If you had a 3 prong cord on the old range then you had a 3 prong wall outlet. The 4 prong cord will not fit the outlet without changing it so it's common practice to use the old cord if whoever installed it didn't have a 4 prong outlet with him. It doesn't affect the range heating capabilities. The voltage is the same. The range is on a double 40 amp circuit breaker. Tell her to reset both breakers (turn them off then back on).
3 and 4 wire power cord.jpg

If she thinks there's problem with the range she should call Whirlpool and set up a warranty service call. Everything is covered for the first year. If you attempt a repair you risk losing the warranty.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Thanks, Rick. I will pass it along. I agree, and I see from the paperwork they also have a 2 year extended service plan that was purchased with it.

rickgburton

Staff member
Whirlpool makes good appliances and they have a good warranty. Be sure to tell her to reset the breakers. Keep us posted if there was a problem with the range

rickgburton

Staff member
That's awesome bb! I didn't know that. Thanks for finding that! OK Ponchoguy, looks like there isn't any problems with her range. You can download the pdf and show it to her.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Thanks to all, I am passing this on to my coworker. Yes, WLP makes good appliances. That's pretty much all I have in my house (including WLP made Kenmores).

Thanks again.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Called WLP on behalf of my coworker and after some digging they "found" this bulletin that you referenced. As a result, they are sending out the revised service kit for free. I'll advise if it's better after the installation of the kit. Thanks to all who replied and for providing this information.